MIL Want to stop working 1 month prior...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StuDLei, Jul 23, 2007.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Here's the sitrep. I want to stop (notice I didn't say quit) working at my civilian job 1 month prior to reporting for activation. I'm not sure what my boss will tell me when I go in this week. Do I have this right legally or is it up to the company's discretion?

2. b16

b16 New Member

why? i got fired a few weeks ago and i leave for basic in late aug. not working sucks and the added financial pressure of just surviving isn't helping.

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Do you have a definite date on when you leave for boot camp? If so just quit.

4. JSin

JSin New Member

I quit my job 6 months prior to my basic ship date. Man, that was like a 6 month vacation. No responsibilities, no problems, just working out twice a day and laying on the beach. Highly recommended.

5. DeplorableButtslut

DeplorableButtslut OT Supporter

They can fire you. You are leaving work before your time.

6. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Okay first of all I'm not going to bootcamp, I'm going on my second tour to Iraq, been in the Corps for almost 6 years now. Anyways, I know that when you get home you get 3 months to show up to your job, just wondering if there's any sort of grace period you get before you go to take care of your shit.. Ie move if needed, etc.

7. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I'd go in and tell them what you want to do. I'm sure if you say you want to spend time with family and frends, they might let you.

It is also 90 days to return to work after being on active duty for 180 or more days. Anything less, you have 14 days.