Want to start working out, going into the af for 4 years! need help...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by stoots26, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoots26

stoots26 New Member

Ight I just recently signed up for the Air Force and i'll be leaving in Feburary of 06. I'm 200 pounds currently and 5'10". But the thing is I want to get into better shape, without going to a gym since it's 45 mins away. Yes I know I live in BFE, I just got cable Internet a year ago! :noes: I'm pretty happy with my body, but I want to loose my beer gut, and some flab around my arms. So far I started running every morning before work and after near night, about a mile each time. But what can I do in my basement to get abs, and arms. So far I'm looking at sit-ups of course, push-ups, inverted push ups, and some pull ups. anything else? or am I on the right track?

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Start a running program and work on your endurance, you'll need it during basic. Here's a pretty simple plan to follow that I've seen help people get into shape before: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Well you're already running but you're going to have to increase your distance anyway. I'd start doing a lot of bodyweight exercises too, sounds like you've already got it down you just need to work out a program and stick to it.

3. whoismrskantz

whoismrskantz Active Member

running one mile in the morning and night will do next to nothing. i think it takes awhile before you start burning those precious calories at a decent rate.

4. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

get used to running in the morning after you wake up because that is what you will be doing at 445 in the morning for Basic. Good luck.

5. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

in addition to running, id also practice ALOT of pushups, sit ups and chin ups, you'll be needing them. physical endurance and mental wear is how they try to break you, maybe you'll get promoted if you get through the physicall stuff like it was nothing.:eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.