SRS want to go on anti-depressants.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SoySauciAl, May 10, 2007.

1. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i think i need them right now. not suicidal but feeling really really down. main problem is i dont want to get out of bed.. even if im awake, i just want to lay there. a lot of times i will have a good dream and when i wake up, i wish i never woked up and just lay there thinking about it. also feel unmotivated and people say i look down/never smiling.

i think the reasons im feeling down is because im always broke; my job isnt going anywhere and the company seems to not care about anything; getting more and more into debt and its getting scary (collections, owed taxes); got an business opportunity to work on my own to make better money but not very motivated and taking it too slow.. and afraid; family issues; not really meeting new people and friends i did have are moving apart or moving away; best friend is going away to college very soon and this is the only guy i really hang out with these days and soon he will be gone; sold my baby (car) which i blew a lot of money and time into because of financial reasons and now missing it.. that car was the only way i got girls and meet new people; and not really doing much these days.

how does antidepressants make you feel? do you feel like a whole different person? or does it feel just everyday is a good day? i think i just need a picker upper so i can be more motivated for a while. any kind anyone recommends? i dont have health insurance so how would i get my hands on them without paying an arm and a leg?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
  2. XPX

XPX New Member

they are expensive and might have side effects...most people swear that a regular exercise progrma works like a charm to keep depression in check, I'll try it out.

3. Dorn

Dorn New Member

To be completely honest, when I took anti-depressants I felt worse. It was probably realizing that I had dropped so low I was relying on medicine to try and make me happier. Everytime I took them, I started to cry. I shook constantly for an hour or so later, and I felt even more down.

4. Neelz

Neelz Guest

This will cost you loads. you got to get out of this habit and take life from another point of view. well, afresh. work hard you will succeed. Try finding other jobs and manage your own company well. :)

5. Alenon12

Alenon12 Save the cheerleader....save the world

yeah you definitely dont need to go on pills. A change in lifestyle is all you need. Going to the gym or take up bowling or something :)

6. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

i felt better. take omega threes and go to the gym too.

if it doesnt work there is deffinitly a more underlying cause

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You don't sound like someone who needs anti-depressants. Those are best for people who are chronically depressed. You are depressed because things aren't going right in your life and the only way to fix that is to change things. Start by making a list of all the things that you aren't happy on and want to improve. Then write out the steps involved in getting those things fixed. Pick 1 or 2 problems and take the first stop towards getting them fixed. For example, if money is a problem start looking for a new job or maybe a part time job. If you aren't feeling confident enough to make changes then start with something small to motivate you-get a new haircut or start going to the gym. Once you get a step done then move on to the next step. Once you take the first move to get started it becomes easier to keep up with it. Changing things in your life to improve yourself will make you much happier than any pill could.

8. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

makes sense. i do need a haircut and shave. im been dressing all raggy and not been caring too much of my appearance and now im thinking thats one of the things bringing me down even more.. it is true that good appearance build confidence or at least help. that would be step 1. thanks.

9. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

Your sexual funtion will stop working...

its not worth it.

Get a fitness program helps 50X more than the ani depressants will