GUN Want to buy a few guns in CA.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mr. Hilter, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

Went to Calguns.net and got linked to this site but wanted to ask OT if they knew of any other sites specially catered to CA residents.

http://lanworldinc.com/index.htm

What I am assuming is that I can order any gun on that site and it still be legal.

2. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

As long as its a off-list, and they make it California compliant. Just need to tell them you're from California and they should do the rest for you. You can also check out www.coldwarshooters.com or www.tenpercentfirearms.com. They are all California friendly shops. You can get better answers on calguns.net.

3. JP

JP Active Member

Also try to find a nice local gunshop to compare prices and know who you are going to have the firearm shipped to while you wait your 10 days.

4. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

Thanks for the info guys, thanks. I am looking into getting an AK style (WASR10 or something), FAL and I would love to get a Five-Seven as well. I've got like 3k to spend.

5. Uh-oh. Why do you want a Five-seveN?

6. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

Never shot one, but I think it is badass. I know nothing about them though and in all honesty I will probably never buy one. But if someone did give me 1000 dollars tonight I would be ordering one tommorow.

7. Ok. There have been a few fiveseven threads in here, and none of them end well. At least you don't want it for home defense.

8. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

No not at all. I feel safe enough to not need a firearm for self defense, I just have always enjoyed target shooting and how guns work and if something does happen to the gun laws in a few months, I would like to get in on the gun train before it is too late.

9. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

I don't want a retarded looking grip like this :o

[​IMG]

10. JP

JP Active Member

dont worry, unless you have pre-ban 30 round mags you wont need the mmg anyway, you will only be able to use 10 rounders but hey you can use any evil features you want!

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

12. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

IMHO the bullet button for AK series rifles are a pain in the ass and you'd be better off with the monsterman.

however, for AR series, get the bullet button.

YMMV

14. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Truth. I have a Raddlock AK bullet button that's very difficult to use. I might switch it out with a different lock I have sitting here. I've also been meaning to cut out a notch in the safety lever to "lock" the bolt back. Has anyone done that before?

Edit: Fuck the MMG though. My thumb needs to be able wrap something. No homo. Otherwise, it's not comfortable for me to hold a rifle.

15. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

I'm in SC right now and I would be storing them in San Diego at my parents until I finish with school in 2 years.

16. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

I'd definitely go either lanworld or 10%. I was one of the early buyers of off-list lowers from coldwarshooters and although I appreciated their willingness to sell to CA residents in the early days, I think it's fucked up how they price gouge their customers.

I've never dealt with 10% but the guy seems cool. Lanworld, I've dealt with and they are very helpful in finding you a FFL in your area that they can ship to.

17. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

pretty sure he'll need either a mmg or nondetachable magazine as long as the gun isn't considered an assault weapon

18. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

could someone please explain how I can have an AK or FAL with a pistol grip, and explain what exactly a "bullet button" is? From my impression it is like a lock for the magazine and does that allow you to have 30 round magazines if they are locked into the gun and require a key to take out?

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

petty much. the bullet button makes the magazine not detachable. CADOJ has defined that as "allows magazine to be removed without the use of a tool" - the bullet button makes the use of a tool required to remove the magazine.

edit: DO NOT USE 30 ROUND MAGAZINES WITH A BULLET BUTTON. if you have more than 10 rounds "fixed" to the gun it creates an assault weapon.

BBs are to be used with 10 round mags or less ONLY.

20. Mr. Hilter

Mr. Hilter Guest

so basically bullet buttons are required for any "assault rifle"? And unless you had 30 round mags before a certain date you are shit out of luck?

21. JP

JP Active Member

yes and no...

use the flowchart and read read read, if you screw you might end up with a weapon in a configuration that it really should NOT be in.

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

no, read the calguns.net PDF flowchart about SB23 and "assault weapons".

bullet buttons are required for off list lowers (i.e. legal unregistered assault weapons). if you have a reg'ed AW, then you can do whatever the fuck you want with it.

and yes, unless you had magazines that hold more than 10 rounds before 12/31/1999 you're SOL

23. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Since you don't already own a registered assault weapon, you really have two choices.

1. Remove all evil features (flash hider, pistol grip, collapsible stock) and install a MMG or U-15 type grip. This configuration will allow you to use "detachable" magazines. You can also use normal capacity magazines IF you were in possession of them before the ban went into effect.

2. Install a magazine lock and have all the evil features you want. You however, will not be able to remove the magazines as easily. When configured in this method, you can only use ten round magazines. No normal cap mags ever.

24. JP

JP Active Member

exactly what you said and i didnt feel like typing out :bowdown:

25. JP

JP Active Member

I have an AR in config number one so i can drop mags at will, the second one is going to be "evil"