Want a girls perspective on fashion

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by teep, Apr 12, 2006.

1. teep

teep New Member

I only seem to attract certain types of girls I'm usually not interested in; phony and somewhat snobbish. Few things are more annoying that teenage girls pretending to like all this obscure music just cause no one has ever heard of it or pretending to know and enjoy fine wines. I'm not at all flashy, or at least I never make a concerted effort to be, but I am pretty particular about clothes. I mean...typically I wear diesel jeans (only buy jeans there for some reason), prada or gucci shoes, cartier watch, and a shirt from wherever whether its diesel, hugo boss, or some freebie tshirt with scruff mcgruff on it (one of my favorites by the way). I was wondering what the girls here thought. Is there something unattractive about the way I dress to most girls? Does it just come off as arrogant and pompous? I'll admit if I'm not in a big city it will just come off as gay, but really I'm just a normal 19 year old college kid. Any input would be cool. Thanks.

2. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

sorry but what kind of "normal 19 year old college kid" has the money to buy clothes like that??? I know I sure don't! So the fact that you're so young, in college, but still managing to dress in those brand names says something to people around you about who you are. It screems out "i'm full of money" or "my mommy and daddy spoil me".... both of which can lead to connontations of arogance and pompousness. So, It doesn't seem surprising to me that you end up with snobby girls. They may be after you for your money. Or the more down-to-earth girls may be too intimidated by your rich-guy appearance.

I'm really sorry if this sounds harsh. I'm not trying at all to judge you, since I don't know who you are or what your personality is like. I hope you take these comments in the right way.

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Perhaps you come off as high maintence bc of your cloths and accessories, thefore you attract females with the same 'likes'.

4. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

This guy pretty much nailed it.

5. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

I'm a girl ;) thanks... lol

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

youre attracting label whores... and to everyone else you are probably coming off as spoiled/prententious/fake or out of their league.

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

rule of thumb: any shirt that has the store/designers name on it more then 3 inches high is label whore only gear..

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I'm not attracted to guys who wear a bunch of expensive name brand stuff. It makes you look spoiled and snobby and I don't like guys who are trendy. "Normal" college guys don't wear clothes like that, therefore most "normal" college girls won't be attracted to that. Do you actually have a job and pay for this yourself or do your parents buy it all?

9. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

sorry :o

10. teep

teep New Member

None of my clothes have big logos or labels on them. If there are any they're usually pretty subtle.
    I don't think "normal" is necessarily defined by what brand of clothes a person prefers so much as what their personality is like. I understand that sort of thing can dictate someones personality, but still. By normal I meant I go hangout and party with all sorts of people, I don't act like I have alot of money or even ever talk about it, I go through the same shit (like having no idea what I'm doing once college is over), etc. Most of my time is occupied by training (fight coming up relatively soon) or school work anyway. And yes I did work for my things. I had a pretty good paying internship at a consulting firm over the summer and I tutored kids for a good amount of money.
    Thanks for all the responses.

11. C4172

C4172 New Member

I'm definately attracted to a guy who knows how to dress. You can call me a label whore if you want, labels don't matter, it's quality. I want the guy to dress just as nice as me when we go out.