Want a girl, but theres a problem

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Jun 24, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

I've known this girl for probably close to 10 years... dated her once for a short period, like 2 months. Had a great relationship, but at the time we both had other agendas. We had and continue to have a fantastic relationship. She does have a kid that is about to turn 5, and shes also been with her current b/f for 4 years or so (he is not the father of her child)

The last part is where in lies the problem. Shes been with him for awhile and has totaly turned into a different person then she was - relying on him for everything, when shes always been independant. We hang out, do laundry together, goto the mall w/ her kid, and we have talked about her relationship with her current b/f and shes not happy -- but afraid to leave. I know this situation could turn into a giant mess, and as much as I am tempted, I have been a perfect gentlemen throughout everything... Is there a way to let her know that im going to be there for her and her child if she leaves him? Without crossing that fine line...

:hsd:

So do I just continue on the path... see where it goes? She knows how I feel about her, and she definately feels for me... or should I throw a wrench in there, say hey look if you want to be with me lets go for it - and if you arent willing to, well then lets just stay with being the good friends we are and forget about everything else that could be?

2. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

do the last line and ur good to go.

3. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

If she's that good a friend, then I think you can tell her how you feel and not have it affect the relationship either way.

Give her support and let her know that you will be there for her if she wants to leave the relationship. She should be thinking about her happiness, and that of her child's.

Seriously, just be honest and upfront with her and see what happens

4. sparq

sparq New Member

Well I can understand how some people think getting into a relationship w/ someone with kids is this big ol' hassle... but I dont have a problem with kids. I may only be 23 (turn 24 this Sept.) but I am actually looking forward to having kids of my own, and have no problem with the fact that she has a daughter. It doesn't concern me in the least.... My sister had two kids while living with my father and me while I was just 13, and since the kids dad was never around I ended up having a hand in the way my niece and nephew were raised and im very fond of kids. I know the work and time involved, and I feel im capable of handling it.

As far as just staying friends, I can do that so long as that is the route she wants to go. We have been flirty with each other, but that is where I draw the line. I would hate to mess around with her while she is still with her b/f and then have her leave him for me.... and having that thought in the back of my mind that she cheated on him, whos to say she wont cheat on me. So I just want to do everything right.