MMA Wandy's explanations about him vs. Chuck *video*

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozmKOvDOYQc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esubfighter%2Ecom%2Fftopict%2D56473%2Ehtml

and translated cliffs (stolen from SF):

Well basicly he said that:

- HE DID NOT SAY THAT HE DIDN´T WANT TO FIGHT CHUCK, in fact he wants to fight him since a long time ago, he actually is training hard...
    - He got a UFC contract where he had two opitions: fighting on September or on November! Without a dobt he thinks that this will be his biggest fight of his career!
    - He told that Chuck is a huge name in MMA and so is he... this fight has everything to be great and exciting...
    - He chose fighting on November and he repeats that there wasn´t a single moment when he said that he wouldn´t fight Chuck.
    - He said that he was the first one to propose this fight and that they (UFC and Chucks managers) were hiding him behind a lot of excuses....

more...

- He said that he is not afraid, he just wants more time to train, so he can be at his best shape for this fight and show all of his potential...
    - In the next few weeks he will be moving to the USA... He prefers to live there now! A lot of things are happening in his life right now and he can´t focus 100% on his training on this exact moment!
    - He said that he´ve always done all that the event promoters wanted him to, sometimes he even did things that he shouldn´t do that damaged his image... So this time he said NO! This time he will put his things together, focus on his training and show to everyone the Wanderlei that they are used to watch...
    - He wants to get back on his winning strike... He knows his responsability with his fans around the world.
    - "The hurry that the org promoters have to set up this fight imediatly makes that some people satrt saying a lot of things, this things are not true", said Wanderlei!
    - Wand says that this fight will happen IF Chuck doesn´t hide himself behind excuses.... but maybe that´s not his decision to do and them we will all know what´s going to happen next...
    - He wants to fight in november and wishes that both fighters show to the world a great and exciting show. He knows that everyone is expecting this to happen since a long time ago...
    - He expects to be in his best shape ever... he is training very hard phisicly and tecnichaly...
    - This message is for his fans, so they can hear it from his mouth and not just some BS rumours...
    - He says that he will come back strong and give us another great show!
    - "That GOD be with you guys, Thanks very much", finishes Silva...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

That is almost exactly what I expected. Dana and Chuck are trying to rush the fight, Wandy tells them how he wants it, since it doesnt match up with exactly what Dana put forward he is saying that Wandy is ducking the fight

3. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I hate dana white as much as I love him for what he's done to the sport. What a fucking piece of shit ego-maniac. He thinks because he "controls" all these badass fighters and they work for him, that it somehow makes him a badass.

Thats the impression I get anyways.
    HOLY FUCK.
    Maybe Wanderlei will fight Dana now in a boxing match.:x:

4. auto

auto New Member

Yeah I would highly doubt that Silva would ever say he didn't want to fight Chuck. Especially since Chuck has been shown to have some weakness as of late. I think Chuck's loss makes this potentially an even better fight then it would have been when he was on top. I am sure he feels the need to prove himself and would come in ready to brawl vs Silva.

5. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

hahhaahah

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

added more continuation cliffs in the 1st post

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

what a pussy

he needs to train better to patch up that hole in his game

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Makes sense as to why Dana said awhile ago that Chuck probably wouldnt be fighting until November

9. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

:bowrofl: @ dana saying Wandy didn't want to fight Chuck.

Wandy fought fucking Crocop and Mark Hunt, two ELITE K-1 strikers in the HW division! What does he have to fear from Chuck Liddell at LHW???

What a joke.

10. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Wasnt the Mark Hunt fight on less than a weeks notice?

11. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

Chuck is finished he needs to go into broadcasting, he can't be any worse than Goldberg. :rofl:

12. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Looks like Stephen Bonner might be in for a wakeup call in November

13. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Did you see the fight? Wandy got knocked around pretty hard by a a guy that outweighed him by like 40-50 lbs. I would love to see Chuck fight a heavyweight last minute when he's been training to fight at LHW for the past couple months.

14. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Shoot, have you seen him on any talk shows?

15. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

16. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

thanks for posting this.

Dana seems really desperate to get his posterboys back in the limelight. He is doing everything possible to give Rich all possible advantages against silva, and i dont doubt for a minute that they would try and set the fight how chuck wants it, in chuck's backyard (sure its not SLO, but might as well be), on his terms. not suprised at all.

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah hes been saying it all over i posted the article from mma weekly and he bassically said the same thing

Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time."

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true."

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he (Chuck) doesn't hide behind this mess."

18. auto

auto New Member

:rofl: No I mean he had this air of invincibility going with his winning streak, a punch like the one he caught would put anyone down.

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

dana is a dirty ho for slandering online liek that.