MMA WAMMA...what the hell?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I read about the formation of this committee before about a month ago when it started but didn't pay much attention to it. After reading up on it, I'm even more unsure.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what they plan on establishing. Unless they plan on pushing new regulations towards the athletics commissions, the big boys won't pay any attention to them...Zuffa, EliteXC, Yarenoka :)hsugh:), etc.

Also I noticed that the president of it is a former assistant director to the FBI. Nothing against a position like that but if you read his biography, I'm having a hard time linking him to mixed martial arts. (http://www.gowamma.com/officers-szady.asp)

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

A former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, Dave comes to WAMMA with more than 33 years of service in the FBI, including 27 years experience in espionage and foreign counterintelligence (CI) investigations. He served the last four years as assistant director of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division, where he helped develop a new CI strategy to deal with current threats to the nation. Prior to this, he was appointed as the National Counterintelligence Executive, a position created by a Presidential Decision Directive in December 2000.

:rofl: why is this guy wasting his time making up a commission for the B-leagues of MMA? this whole thing is weird

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I agree, I don't see this going anywhere