GUN Walther PPK

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Werm, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Werm

Werm Guest

Everyone I know rags on these guns as crap, and to small. I like the look and size of them... My question is are they pretty accurate? It would be an awesome CC weapon if I ever did in the future. I want a stainless steel one...

2. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

Mine is great. Alot of people here would disagree with me, though...

3. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Please don't think I'm ripping on your opinion but why do you think it would be "an awesome CC weapon"?

I've carried a gun daily for a lot of years and a PPK would be way down my list of choices. Yes, I have shot one before.

-smn

4. shohan

shohan New Member

Hmm...I've actually never heard anything but good things about the PPK. I personally love the looks of them and as soon as I get the chance I'm going to pick one up. I hear this stuff from a die hard 1911 guy too. He loves his. Says its accurate, fun, and very concealable.

Why do some OT'ers not like the PPK?

5. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

- Too heavy for its size
    - Only available in minor calibers (.32 and .380)
    - Blowback action has more felt recoil than if it utilized other designs

It is not a bad gun but I think there are better carry guns made.

-smn

6. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

I'm a fan of the pre-S&W (german surplus) versions, myself. The S&W versions have too many sharp edges fo rmy taste, but nothing that a belt-grinder or a gunsmith couldn't take care of...

7. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

Actually I usually switch back and forth between my Walther PP .32 and my Kahr MK9 for carry. If I just want to throw something in my pocket or shove it in my waistband, then I take the Walther. Otherwise, I used my "concealed" US Galco holster with my Kahr MK9

Good suggestions, Clean97GTI

8. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I like it, it isn't my first choice, but mine is very dependable and easy to conceal.

9. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

I have a PPK/S and it's a far better weapon than most people would have you think. I purchased it as a small CCW or backup weapon.

It's not hard to get 2-3" off-hand at 17 yards. I've only fired around 500 rounds through mine, with only one failure to chamber on a shitty aluminum PMC round with a sharp edge. As for the recoil, it will kick hard if you don't bare down on it. Get your grip right and hold onto it, and the sharp kick goes away.

The only advice I would give is this: shop around and test the trigger of several before you pick one. I looked at two with good triggers and one with a ton of creep, all brand new. I picked the one with the best feeling trigger and never looked back.

10. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

Just wanted to add about the newer S&W made Walthers. When you're shopping for them, check that the edges (esp on the slide) aren't too sharp -- they can kinda sting if it cuts you, or take it to a gunsmith to round out some of those sharper edges on it.