GUN walther p99

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Jan 28, 2003.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i went check out a couple gun shops on my 3 hour break from work before i went back to get some overtime, and at both stores i got to experience a very nice (imo) gun called the walther p99. very light weight (25oz from later research), ambidextrious mag release, etc. very nice gun. both gun shops wanted almost 700, but ive found them online for around 5-550.

opinions?

2. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

also messed w/ a taurus fs92 while i was there. might get that one if i don't get the walther.

i also got to feel springfield armory's new line of handguns, the XD. anyone ever shot one?

3. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

I like the P99. They're nice. Made to fit everyone. Lefties, righties, small hands, big hands.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

im a lefty w/ small hands (relatively) so thats why i like it :o

i also like the taurus :/

5. picabu

picabu I like pie

I love my P99, so far no problems with it at all. Picked mine up for $490 NIB at a show.

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

any other opinions?

7. KW

KW Guest

The P99's I've handled all had pretty crappy double-action triggers. $700 is way too much for that gun ... you should be able to find one for $500-550. Hi-cap mags can be very hard to find for these guns, and run about $80 a pop. They are very comparable in terms of price and performance with Glock and Beretta. Make sure to try those as well.

8. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

actually right now im between the p99, beretta or taurus 92, or a glock model 22.

9. KW

KW Guest

Find a range where you can rent and shoot them. Best way to find out which one is best for you. See which one fits your hand best, "points" best for you. See which one you most comfortable with the controls on.

10. nordaim

nordaim Guest

I personally carry a P99 and love it. The de-striker lever on the top make me feel a bit better about carrying it with a round in the chamber.

Also check the S&W99, the licensed S&W P99, as it has a few differences on it that I appreciate, though already owned my P99 when I first saw one.

I got mine for $500 used at a local, reputable shop.

11. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

ive shot about 100 rounds through a p99.. i found the grip to be slick, and the gun itself to feel small in my hands... im more accurate with a beretta 92fs. a nice piece, but i doubt id buy one, especially for what they go for.