GUN Walther P22, 3.5 or 5" ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by johan, Sep 20, 2005.

1. johan

johan Active Member

I'm looking at gettting a P22 to do a little cheap target shooting.
    Those of you with them, do you like the shorter or longer barrel?

Note that I haven't actually shot either one yet, just looking for some input.

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Be sure to at least hold one before you buy it. It's a scaled down version of the P99 and feels really small (at least to me). I rented one before buying and I'm glad I did (it changed my mind). For a little bit more you can get a Trailside. It's not as "cool" looking, but it's a much better pistol.

If you do get one, I'd say get the 5". More weight, and it doesn't look quite as toyish as the 3.5". You can always get the shorter barrel later if you want.

Also, isn't there a package that includes both barrels?

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

That would be my vote. I have one and like it a lot; took some toying to work out the kinks, but well worth it in the long run.

4. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

I don't own one but have fired plenty of rounds through them both. I like the longer barrel because of the small amount of extra weight. It's really personal preference... neither is better than the other.

5. Stare At The Sun

Stare At The Sun New Member

I'd go with the 5'', it really is quite a nice looking gun, and that little bit of extra weight is rather nice!

6. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

i got the standard 3.5 i like it no problems, had to tighten the saftery lever is about it. ive put about 2000 rounds thru it so far. wish i had more than 2 mags tho, and that they held more than 11 rnds. aside from that i really like it fun to double tap targets, easy to clean the rear sights are a little janky tho but i guess theyre replaceable but i have never looked into it.

7. johan

johan Active Member

thanks for the words guys. I'll look more seriously into it, and the Trailside too.