GUN Walther guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paintballer, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

Most of the stuff i hear about the .22 is that it seems like crap. is this the same with the p99 and p999? (right model numbers?)

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Ibplatthunder

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

P22 isn't bad. The hammer spring is wound too tight, that's the only problem that causes all of the malfunctions. Leave the hammer cocked while the P22 is in the safe. Before you know it, you'll be malfunction free.

4. IronHorseman

IronHorseman New Member

P22

I have P22, the first thjing I did was polish the feed ramp that helped a bunch. Make sure you have the latest design magazine springs.I also chamfered the mouth of the chamber. Now the gun is super relibale.

5. spartan

spartan Guest

A friend of mine had the p22. It was a decent out of the box 22, nothing to write home about though. It was reliable for a day of shooting if kept clean, but I would never consider it more than a range toy as accuracy wasn't stellar. I found my Bersa .22 to be more accurate, but that thing is really really finicky about ammo.

I had a P99 in .40 S&W that I loved more than anything short of my 1911. It always ran well. I never had any serious problems with it other than a few FTF/FTE issues on some reloaded ammo, but that wound up being an ammo issue (improper spacing on the neck), not an issue with the pistol. Accuracy was good enough for the ranges that I was shooting at, including out to 25yds. And if need be, I would have relied on it to save my life, should I ever have been in that situation.

As with any firearm though, your mileage will vary.