GUN wallyworld has this 14 gun safe for 299 near me, what do you think any good

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thomor25, Jan 21, 2008.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

With all the money you're dropping on guns I'd get a fuck of a lot better safe than that.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd:

Its better then nothing, but I've gotten into a sentry safe in under 5 minutes.

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

Dude, exactly what was said. With all the talk about some of the high dollar guns you have or will have, craming all that into a Sentry is pretty ghetto fab.

You are only making it more convenient for a thief. Now talking about "safes" and the what's and where is one thing I usually don't go into detail about. Simply because I've been comprimised before and I don't want it to happen again which is why I don't post "safe pics", "entire gun collection pics". But I'll say I did spend a considerable amount on mine.

I can't even come up with an analogy for that. It's is own analogy. " It's like sticking 5k dollars worth of guns in a $300 safe..."

5. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Depends on what your needs are. I have a pretty basic safe like that because I simply do not have the ability to put anything better, larger or heavier in my apartment. That is plenty to keep the maintenance people and others that can come and go from simply walking off with the goods.

Is it going to stop someone totally dedicated to getting in, not likely, but its better than nothing.

If you need total protection, you're going to need to spend $1000 plus on a good safe. If you want them to simply not be able to be walked off with, that will do the job.

If you live in a house and you can put a real safe into a garage or basement or somewhere where you can bolt it into the floor or concrete, spend the money. If you cant, like me, just get something for the minimal protection you need.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

QFT. Talk to a locksmith/safe vendor in your area and get something quality.

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I didn't want to skimp on the safe because I figured it'd be a lifetime investment. So I wanted something with a lifetime warranty and something that would give me room to grow my collection. I still only ended up spending about $950, but I got a good amount of safe for my money.

I guess I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying: Don't skimp on the safe.

8. thomor25

ok, well thing is I rent I don't own a home. Plus I might be moving to hawaii and buying a house there. I was looking at liberty safes at gander. I guess moving a safe to hawaii vs the little sentry safe. Plus I haven't looked at the gun laws in hawaii. If I move it might just be worth it to sell my stuff I dunno.

I'm so confused :sadwavey:

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

At least you can say, "yeah, take it all and I'll throw in the safe..." lol, cause I guarantee you won't like what you see with HI laws. I remember it being pretty harsh there in regards to firearms, good luck on getting any Class3's there.

Trust me, it doesn't matter to the theif if you are renting or not. Depends on how much value you put on "retaining" your high dollar firearms. If all you had was an SKS and a few Charter arms wheel guns, you'd be okay with a Sentry, but don't you have some Class3's and tubes? Just so you know, when I had my safe comprimised, it was the $300 sentry from Walmart as well, they've been selling those for years and whenever anyone consider those, I cringe.

10. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

lol @ bringing guns to HI.

11. thomor25

well i guess one hobby for another, sell the guns and get another boat.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I wonder how much one can buy a slightly used carnival cruise ship or perhaps a carrier for
    :rofl:

13. more off

more off Moderator

learn to surf, gets you sooo much ass. trust me

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

Why comprormise? I kept both! :x:

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

they're worse than CA I think.

16. thomor25

seriously damn.

ab13 didn't you said you had some family there or osmething or was that not you. I remember in one of the thread someone said they had a shooting range on one of the islands.

17. more off

more off Moderator

you can always go pig hunting

18. thomor25

hey bra whats with the open carry bra

19. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

Rather than buy a cheap safe, consider getting a large pelican case and a couple decent locks. It takes the same level of effort to get into a pelican case as a cheap safe (hacksaw or crowbar + 15 minutes), but at least the pelican case has more uses. You can then chain this to the floor or something substantial. Same price, and you can just unchain and take it with you to the range. :dunno: You also won't have to throw it out when you get a real safe.