Wall of 6 12s

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 4bangin, Jan 28, 2002.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

How do these sound? Is it all bass, or can you still hear the music nicely?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

six 12's is a lot of bass if setup right.. if you want to hear music.. your going to need about 3 speakers to every woofer you have (lol) thats a lot of bass

3. 4bangin

How about just 4 12s? Or 3 15s? WOuld this be a more ideal setup?

4. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Oh god that's a broad question. You didnt' say what kind of woofers, what kind of power. But It all depends on how much space you have to work with and what you want it for. I've seen 6 12s that didn't do very wall due to a poor install. If you are doing a wall of 6 12s in a car it's probably not going to be ported. I would take 2 high end 15s ported in a wall before I did 6 12s. But generally walls are very very loud, and you need a lot of power for your mids and highs, and a lot of electrical upgrades to keep everything running smoothly.

5. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

This is a tacoma we did a while back:
    [​IMG]

It was incredibly loud (about 155 dB), but the mids and highs kept up, and the gains were cut down on hte amp for daily driving. 2800 watts rms on the subs, 800 watts rms on the mb quart 5 1/4s components and Diamond Audio 5 1/4 components

6. 4bangin

Thanks Axilrod :) I didnt post which subs and everything because I am still undecided. They are going in a 92 Prelude, and will be mostly for show. In a custom fiberglassed enclosure.

7. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

it just depends

what subs

how much power

what type of box

what type of car

what is it you want to do with 6 12s

8. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Hey man I got a 92 lude too. www.sounddomain.com/id/conyerslude

And I'm in GA too, what a coincidence.:bigthumb:
    The Preludes trunks aren't worth a crap, that's why i've had 13 single 12 setups. The latest one is loud as piss.

9. 4bangin

haha sweet :) Their site is down, so I will check it in a bit. As I said in the PM I just sent you, the car was bought the way it is. It had some box made to look like I wall for 4 12s behind the front seats. Since I dont have a back seat anyways, we're just going to do another wall.

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

its pretty pointless unles you plan to compete but hey whatever flaots your boat