Waiting on a girl...friends first

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by machazure, Apr 25, 2005.

1. machazure

machazure New Member

I'm 19 years old and met this wonderful girl about 5 months ago. Shes a really good friends to one of my buddies. Anyways, she broke up with her bf of 4 years about 3 months ago or so. From what I have heard they always were fighting, and had a 5 month break in their relationship.

She knows I am interested in her as I have told her. She said she likes hanging out with me and I'm cute, cool, etc.
    But, she isnt ready to jump into a relationship right yet. Over the past month or so we have been getting closer and talk nearly everyday...most of the time online. And I see her about 1-3 times a week (most of the time with a group tho)

This girl I feel is perfect for me. I dont really want to get out and meet other girls because I like her so much and dont think they could compare. But, I dont want to just become a really good friend and ruin a romantic relationship for us.

I need to know how to quit being so clingy...as I want to talk to her so much and see her all the time...because I feel by doing this I am setting myself up for the friendzone or whatever.

She has expressed to me that she thinks 'couples' need to be friends first and mentioned something about us being 'more than friends' in the future.

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

she just got burned, badly. after 4 years of relationships. she's gonna be cautious about what she does with her feelings and who she decides to give them to. stay there, be her friend, and eventualy, make the click over to boyfriend with a sweet passionate long kiss during a movie ro something.

3. N8ive

N8ive Guest

yea ^ ^ ^ (lronik's post)

thats how it should happen

dont ask

she will tell u somehow in time

4. naughtie

naughtie New Member

5. video and/or pics

5. c3dlc

c3dlc Guest

6. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

once in the friendzone ... you are fucked. /thread

7. Jonnie Boomboom

Jonnie Boomboom New Member

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Yeah the jump can be made, but is a difficult thing to do......

But in regards to what I read in the orginal post.....

You are more than friends even at this point, she sounds like she wants a more traditional courtship, not a modern "Jump into a relationship and get fucked in the end with 3 kids and a divorce" type thing.
    Basically, yeah she's interested, she's just being cautious, making sure you are genuine, and are truely going to be there for her, when she needs you, now and later.
    She wants to get past all the "honeymoon stage" of any relationship and see the real you, because, be honest, you are always on yuor best behaviour in teh early stages of a relationship/courtship. ;)

Just be a true friend, and things will work out.

On the flip side, if you don't end up having a deep relationship with her, you will have a friend for life who would probably do anything for you, when you truely need it, and those are the best kind of friends to have.

9. BTA

BTA New Member

Seems like you're not quite in the friend zone yet. I'd say put a little bit of distance between you two. Maybe hang out with a different female friend a little more, do your own thing a couple times a week and be "unavailable" a little bit.

Once you start giving her all she needs emotionally, and she doesnt have to give it up for you to do it, you'll be stuck in friend zone forever.

If you see any hint of her liking another guy besides you, it's over. You are friendzoned.

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

you're not fucked if she thinks you're her friend first, my girlfriend (who i love more than anything) started off as a friend. and we were friends for about 5 months or so. we made the jump from friend to dating pretty easily.

11. Freeze Time

Freeze Time New Member

cut your losses and find another girl.

It sucks, but being best friends with a really hot girl will just lead to heartache and into trouble. Believe me i know from experiance. I wouldnt change the relationship i have with my best friend, but 3 years ago when we met she was dating someone and i had no chance, well 3 years later she posts pics of us together as "best friends" in significant other threads on other forums.

I got :Owned:

12. lilceez112

lilceez112 New Member

:rofl:
    NICE!!!

i would just be her friend, kinda back off a lil bit though. she knows you are interested and if you back off some, she will wonder why???? so she will be MORE interested in you.

if that doesnt work, just get her drunk.

"girls WILL take thier shirts off, if not for me for the rasberry smirnoff."

oh, yea....post pics of nekkid drunk chick givin you head.

13. dfb547490

dfb547490 Guest

The jump can definitely be made. If she's available when you meet her and head to the friend zone immediately then it's very tough, but if she's dating someone when you meet her then getting to be her friend will actually make it easier for you to hit it later on. Just worked for a buddy of mine with one of our female friends who broke up with her boyfriend of about 3 years a month or so ago.

I'm about to try the same thing...met a girl last Thursday, unfortunately the place was about to close so I didnt make a move that night, talked to her on AIM last night and she says she has a boyfriend but it's nothing too serious, going on a "friendly date" with her later this week, hoping to profit :big grin: