W7006 cutting pad

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by joedog24, Jan 24, 2005.

1. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

A friend has a red truck wth really bad oxidation, and I was thinking about using a Meguiars W7006 cutting pad and AIO, then I saw where Megs doesn't recommend this pad for a PC, what do you all think? Also would DACP work? Which would be better? Your help is much appreciated. :hsd:

2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I'd go with DACP for really bad oxidation. My experience with AIO is it doesn't have that much cutting action. It didn't even take out fine swirls after compounding. DACP still won't take off that much paint with a PC so I say go for it.

Can't comment on the pads as I use lake country.

3. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

i dont think dacp will do much for oxidation, id hit it up w/ some ssr1 or 80 first then go down to the dacp and go back to 80 and proceed on. Oh and btw unless your using the rotory the maroon pad sucks ballz. You can use the maroon pad on the pc but its made to be used on the rotory. I ve used it with the pc but it didnt do much. Use the polishing pad, i know the AIO will remove oxidation FO SHO so try it out.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Actually, while AIO isn't great on swirls or scratches, it does eat oxidation. Stick with the polishing pad or use the swirl removal by hand sticky for the first step, load up towels with dead paint instead of your pads. After breaking the haze with by hand, go nuts with the PC. #80 would also work well like Jay said.