VZW upgrading phone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BwanaKuu, Sep 6, 2008.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I got a new phone/contract from verizon earlier this year and I'm looking to upgrade the phone (primary thing I want is a keyboard). I am under the contract of my parents (18 in college and never had a job :hsugh:) so I was wondering how the fuck would I go about getting a new phone? There's a VZW store about 3 miles from my school, and I'm planning to go there tomorrow to look at phones. My parents don't really care about me getting a new phone, but I'm not sure how contract and all that stuff works? What is VZW's upgrade policy and can I just go and get the new phone myself or would I have to have to account owner with me to sign me over or something?

2. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Verizon requires you to wait 1 year from when the initial contract is signed. You would have to pay for the full price of the phone listed without contract price.

So say you wanted a Voyager that is $150 with 1 year contract, you wouldn't qualify since your 1 year isn't up from your previous phone. You would end up having to pay $500+ for it.

And unless your parents added you as an authorized user of the account, you can't just walk in and add or change the plans.

3. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

unless you know the password and say your the authorized user :ugh2:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea go commit identity theft.... that's not illegal, or anything :rolleyes:

5. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

:ugh:

when you have permission to do it smart guy..............

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

no, when you have permission then you're listed as an authorized user on the acct and don't have to claim to be someone else.

fucktard.

7. strjms72

strjms72 New Member

you said your parents are ok with you getting a new phone, so go and check out the phones and then talk to your parents so they go with you. you won't have money if they don't give it to you anyway...