VZW Blackberry Curve

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Saluki, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Ok so I just came back home from school for the weekend and I saw this flier thing from Verizon about getting a new phone. The Curve is on there and I've kinda had my eye on it for a while now. So I'm posting to double check that it's a good phone for the VZW service...I won't be changing away from them. But I was also wondering if there's going to be any new kickass Blackberry phones coming out on VZW that maybe I should wait for?

2. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

3. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

4. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Thanks for the replies...I ended up going with the Curve, apparently I wouldn't have gotten as much of a discount on the new Bold or whatever it's going to be called on VZW. Thanks again!

5. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

The Curve is great, you'll love it. The Bold has way too many kinks to work out and it is way too expensive right now in regions it is available in.

6. CanteenBoy

CanteenBoy OT Supporter

7. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

the curve is a solid device. great choice.

8. njftw

njftw New Member

I have the Curve from Verizon and I'm very happy with it. Shitload you can do and its fun... I just switched from the iPhone...all touch phones....fucking suck..a BB won't be any diff

9. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

what's wrong with touch phones in your eyes? i'm kind of innerested in the storm meself.

10. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

The most general complaint about all touch screen phones is the lack of an actual keyboard, which means when composing messages whether it be SMS text or Email, you have to use the touchscreen which a lot of people do not like. Some people seem to have picked up on how to effectively compose messages, while others (like myself) prefer a dedicated qwerty keypad like that on my Curve.

11. njftw

njftw New Member

texting gets fucking ANNOYING!

If your fingernails happen to grow out every once in a while, bess keep dem short or youz kaint text!

Alot of mis hits....just just looks cool man, it really does...but it will get old... :hs:

12. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

actually, i got the bold and the storm mixed together in my mind. i was picturing the bold with a touch screen. :)

yeah, i'm not completely sold on teh iPhone and the whole touch interface, though i'm going to have a blackberry for work anyway.