SRS Vyvanse didn't do anything for me. Shrink put me on Abilify samples.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Jan 6, 2009.

1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Researching this stuff online now. Anyone else try this stuff ??

I'm not entirely sure what my problem is.

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

That's strange, the first one is for ADHD, the second for psychotic disorders and mood disorders. Do you know your diagnosis? Did you change because of the side-effects or because of its lack of effect?
    If the meds weren't working, maybe he's trying another diagnosis and treatment.

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Initially I told him I was having problems with attention/focus and willpower.

I only noticed the side effects on the lowest dosage of Vyvanse, only 3 hours of sleep, lack of appetite, dry mouth, but no effect on attention or focus.

He noticed that I didn't like looking at him while he was talking. I told him, I've noticed that most people give me a condescending look when I speak to them and that I have a hard time focusing if I look em in the eye and can't focus on their speech. He said something about me being paranoid that I would think people always condescend when they look or talk to me.

We both feel that I am intelligent. But as I told him, I'm having a hard time equating intelligence with productivity in school and work.

4. Capicu

Capicu New Member

go get a second opinion from another professional.

i'm on vyvanse which has done wonders for me. but i have adhd.
    however, different medications work for different people. like for example: for some people with adhd, vyvanse doesn't do much but concerta does.

i have trouble with eye contact sometimes, and that seems to be common with people who have adhd. And i know its very common with people who have autism.

only you would know if the reason why you have trouble making eye contact is because you're paranoid.

5. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

I don't know if I would go as far as paranoia just based on that. :dunno:

Sounds like a depression issue, really. Abilify can help with that but at a cost, obviously. The atypicals are a tough drug to use.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

These are the side effects of low testosterone and I shit you not. Go get some bloodwork done and get off of the crazy pills. All you may need is a shot of test in the ass a couple times a month :bigthumb:

7. Daria

Daria New Member

For ALOT of people, it takes a looong time to find the right medication for you. Just hang in there and listen to your doctor, but if you feel strongly that your doctor is leading you in the wrong direction, definitely seek a second opinion.

I have problems with eye contact and my doctor has never mentioned it. Perhaps he sees it alot. My doctor was able to help me get on the right medication I needed.

8. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I haven't been taking the drugs for awhile now, I suppose for the reasons you put in bold.

But I've already been to an Endocrinologist and I believe they've already checked all that motivation stuff with me. I wonder if I can ask em anyways to see if they can hook me up with pills and/or injections to at least see the effect.

9. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Yeah, I'd say that I'm more depressed than paranoid.

10. EYOB

EYOB Guest

For the time being I'm broke. When I get back on my feet (if ever), I will seek a second opinion. I will be straight forward and ask to try and see if Concerta works out for me.

11. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Abilify really is a little to much (in my uneducated/lacking medical degree) opinion.

I'm not certain why you're depressed, or what is going on with you, but I would investigate it, and talk about it. Maybe you have a health problem beyond situational events (people, places, things) that are affecting your mental health, or perhaps it's a necessary prescription for a medication condition which requires hard-core medication. Maybe, both would work -- I don't know.

All I know is, that anxiety and depression go hand and hand, and a low-key chronic anxiety can create the symptoms you're having, including depression, focus problems, concentration, memory (maybe), or sleep problems etc. Try to see what other symptoms you have. Sometimes things we miss or that we think are trivial are actually important.

Pursue it in-depth by writing down questions and asking your doctor (or doctors). Do some research online about the medications you're considering and see if you can get a basic understanding of what might be going on.

12. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Those symptoms you listed are pretty much it. Being clumsy, ugly and skinny adds to it.

Yeah, when I get the chance, I will check up on this.

13. 2500

2500 Guest

Your first problem is your taking drugs to fix a problem you admit to not even knowing what it is. How can you accept medication when you yourself don't even know what your problem is? Classic Doctor just throwing drugs at people with no understanding of their issues.

OK, before I say what I'm gonna say next, I will first say this: "This is my opinion, I'm not getting into any sort of debate with anyone. I really don't care what anyone has to say or what education anyone has. This is my opinion, and the OP can take it or leave it."

With that being said..... heres what "I" think you should do.....

1) Tell your Doctor and shrink to take a fucking hike.

2) Find a alternative treatment hypnotherapist who will actually work with you to figure out WHY you're having these problems.

3) See them weekly until you're cured.

Thats it.

You do not need drugs to fix anxiety and depression. I know all the Phd's are gonna come here and swear up and down that everything wrong with you needs to be fixed with drugs, but the bottom line is you MUST figure out WHY you're having these problems if you EVER want to be CURED. NO DRUG will ever cure you of these symptoms. They will mask them, and if they even do that much, you'll prolly feel like a zombie and you'll have one hell of a time getting off them, and if you actually manage to get off them, you'll realize since you didn't CURE the problem in the first place, all your problems are waiting for you in the end anyways. I suffered from countless symptoms from major anixety and minor depression, and I was CURED by hypnosis. Cured. Thats something those medications CANNOT do. I chose to fix the root of the problem, not mask the symptoms with dangerous drugs. And now, 5 years later, I'm still anxiety free. Please do yourself a favor and stay off the drugs that aren't curing you, and see an alternative healer/hypnotherapist and get to the root of your problem so you can FIX the problem and live a life off of mind altering dangerous drugs.

14. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Everyone is not like you.

Mod edit: Show some love :hsnono:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  15. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

These suggestions are borderline dangerous. There could be other options than just taking drugs, but not this.

16. 2500

2500 Guest

Thats fine. Have fun living a life on drugs and never fixing your problem. :bigthumb: Hope you OD.

17. 2500

2500 Guest

Thats nice. :bigthumb:

18. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Disagreeing with someone is fine, but I really don't think we should disrespect each other like this. We're all trying to give the best help we can from our personal experience, whether the advice is helpful or not.

19. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Seriously, that's inappropriate. Play nice with each other or the thread will be reported.

20. 2500

2500 Guest

Seriously, it was pretty low to take advice that could help him, and tell me to go fuck myself. That proves what kind of a person the OP is, and really, the world would be better without people like that. Suicide helps depression EYOB, try it.

21. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

:(

22. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

How and why are you not banned from the Asylum yet? :ugh:

23. 2500

2500 Guest

Maybe the mods thought my advice was good :eek3d:

24. pew pew pew

pew pew pew OT Supporter

wow it would help my depression to know idiots like this get banned... you can't pretense "go commit suicide" with "hey this is my uneducated opinion" you are ignorant and your negligence could cost someone their life. great job

on a related note.... abilify did nothing for me and god damn its essspensive

25. 2500

2500 Guest

And thats proof you can get help from depression without medication. I knew I was right. :bigthumb: