VW Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by theonlytime, Feb 11, 2004.

1. theonlytime

theonlytime New Member

My girlfriend wants a GTI 337 and dont know crap about European imports, I have an Honda. Is there a equivalent to Clubsi.com or atleast a message board devoted to VWs where I can get educated.

2. mads.

mads. OT Supporter

vwvortex.com

is pretty much all you need to know for VW.

3. Jackanapes

Jackanapes turbodirectinjection OT Supporter

4. Grizz

Grizz oh, fuck, sure ..

indeed ... :bigthumb:

5. Old Dirty Ahjushi

Old Dirty Ahjushi (´-`).。oO(so, hungry) OT Supporter

there are tons of people around where i live with 337 but they have all the goodies, like DV or waste gate or whatever makes their turbo go woowooo :big grin:

6. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

club18t.com is another great site, flamming is minimized and people know thier stuff.

7. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

Good luck finding one though. . . only 1500 were made and more than a few of them were already destroyed. :(

If she knows where to get one though, do it. They're rare and they're a blast to drive (the 20AE is the rough equivalent). . . pretty much the way the MKIV GTI should have come to begin with.

8. j-spec

j-spec Guest

Hi im curious of the specs of the 337 i know its a 180hp 6spd what does it run in the 1/4mile? How do the gtis in general respond to modifcations? Reason i'm looking to buy a 2nd car, I currently drive a 1994 mazada Rx7.

9. vr6ofpain

vr6ofpain Guest

dont have a 337, but i believe they were suppose to be a 6.5 second 0-60mph, and a low 15 second quarter, bone stock. that motor is nice, because you can up the boost with a chip and get easy power out of it. i think it is relatively easy to get them near something like 225hp at the crank. chip, exhaust w/ bigger downpipe, and this other larger turbo inlet pipe thing. compared to the VR6 it is much cheaper to get power from, and has lots of potential, the VR6 has great potential, but at a very steep cost.

say HPA motorsports new R32. take a $30K Golf with a 3.2 liter 240hp VR6 and all wheel drive. Add a twin turbo system(think it costs about $25K) with all the bells and whistles. what do you get, a car that does 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and the quarter in 11 point something seconds.... yes that is faster that the Ferarri Enzo, and for just about $60K. oh ya it was the fastest car Motor Trend has EVER tested from 0-30mph, did it in 1.1 seconds..... Quick to say the least.

10. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

For real.
    I don't know what the hell it is, but my club has 6 337 owners in it. 3 of them have been totalled since November.