VW Jetta Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by redrumkev, Apr 1, 2003.

1. redrumkev

redrumkev Guest

I have a 96 GLX VR6, 5 speed. It has 70k miles on it. It has all options except heated seats. I have the stock wheels on it with about 5k miles and I also have a set off 18 inch Konigs ( front tires are new, rears have about 3500 miles on them). I have a kenwood excelon cd player, kenwood eq, 2 pairs of 6.5 inch MB Quarts Componet set ( their best model - loud as hell), dual 4 guage ran to the back and set up for an amp/subs. I have a ppi amp running the componet sets at 75x4. It has leather, power windows/locks/steer. ABS - dual airbags all the normal stuff.

I was just wondering what you guys thought this would go for. The car by itself and then with all the other stuff - stereo and wheels. Thanks alot. :big grin:

2. redrumkev

redrumkev Guest

where do you recommend I sell it at? Ebay or traderonline.com or something. VW's are not that popular around the Detroit area - everyone is ford/chevy here.

Also - what should I get to replace it? A new car - probably a lease!

3. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

No offense, but you're on crack man. :squint:
    VWs are a big thing in the Detroit/Metro area...

The home of the US Headquarters is in the Detroit Metro area (Auburn Hills)..
    2 of the largest VW parts dealers are in the area (Steves VW and Parts Place.. Though Parts Place is a joke)..
    Check out the Midwest forums on Vortex and see the Michigan members posting..
    Still need more?
    www.michiganvw.org
    3 weeks at the new site and its already at 90+ members.
    90+ members in just over 3 weeks? 95% already driving VWs?
    That doesnt seem to bad to me..

This past Sunday we had a GTG at Great Lakes Mall. Over 30 cars and over 50 people for a cold ass day. Again, doesnt seem to bad for me.

4. redrumkev

redrumkev Guest

well I didn't know about that club - that is sweet. I just mean they are not big as far as dealer - livionia is right by me - but I don't like them. And people have them and those that do - do alot to them. But aroudn here with leases being so low I just wonder if it will sell locally or not? Seems also alot of people want autos - those that are just looking for a car in a price range not someone that is really into them, so that makes it hard sell as well. thanks for the reply though. If you know of anyone that would be interested let me know.

5. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

Yeah, you'll sell it locally.
    Trading Times.. You'll always sell in there.

No, I dont know of anyone looking to spend that much on a car.. Most of my friends are A1 and A2..

6. redrumkev

redrumkev Guest

I wasn't asking waht he said above. I owe like $5400 - I was looking to get that and include the 18's and stock 15's and about $2500 in stereo equip - all of which has 3.5 years left of 5 year warranty!

7. capcrnch

capcrnch Active Member

lol, I dont think you're understanding me..
    My friends suck. They all say they are into A1's and A2's because they are "easy to work on" and parts are so readily available and cheap... :rolleyes: Thats crap.
    They have them because the cost of the car itself is cheap. :big grin:

Put it on the Vortex classifieds and on the MiVE classifieds (that link I gave you)... Might be worth a shot.

8. a2vwnick

a2vwnick VW Motorsports

if your selling it privately, i wouldn't expect to get more then 5 grand. i know of about 2 in simalar condition for between 4 to 5 grand here in socal.