SRS VVS Discuss/Support

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Eris, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Eris

Eris Yes please

*~* Wasn't sure which forum to post this under. It's a sexual "burden"that is a medical condition that can cause a great deal of emotional stress (they actually have support groups). *~*

VVS (Vulvar Vestibulitus Syndrome) has been an on going problem for me for a few years. - It's basically chronic inflammation of the cervix.

Usually causes painful intercourse. Not much is known about VVS. There are a few treatment options - but there are usually touch and go.

Took my OB/GYN nearly 2 years to diagnos me.

Right now I am lucky not to be experiecing any flare ups.

I was just curious to see if any others have experienced/or been diagnosed with this.

(trying to raise a little awareness on this subject as many women suffer in silence)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

(if not already)I would let your vagina + womb get checked on bacteria and human papilloma virus/herpes virus(or virusses in general) .

3. Eris

Eris Yes please

Oh I've been examed NUMEROUS times and tested for everything under the sun ... my diagnosis was VVS .....

I've never had an STD.

4. Indagator

Indagator Twist of Cain

Out of curiosity, what causes VVS?

5. Eris

Eris Yes please

They don't really know ... in my case my GYN thought it was triggered by a bacterial infection I had in cervix and uterus ..... one day I started having painful intercourse

went in to get it checked out ... pap came back with a high white blood cell count ... started in antiobiotics .... kept hurting went back learned ithad spread into my uterus did more antibiotics cleared up ..... sex was still painful (as in brought tears to my eyes I can not' bare it pain).

went back ... everything was clear accept I has inflammed ... it wasn't always so bad. But I had to keep making appts to make sure there was no change for the worse ....

went on like that for two years ....

He (my MD) was clueless at first ...he ran every test under the sun had other MDs look over my chart .... and nothing.

Was a long stressful time .. and finally ... he figured it out. VVS.

6. Eris

Eris Yes please

like i said they don't know much about it yet .... but there are tons of women who suffer from it ....

for the longest time I feared sex. It became associated with pain (and NOT in the good way LoL)