Vundo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CorpseStreet, Jan 3, 2009.

1. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

Has any one successfully been able to get rid of Trojan.Vundo without reformatting? I have done all of the obvious things (turning of system restore, booting in safe mode, running avg/malwarebytes/symantec/vundofix/spyhunter) but I still have it. I noticed that quite a few people have been having a problem with this virus. Is there an antivirus that will work? If not how would I go about finding the registry files I need to delete to get rid of it. I would prefer not to fuck up my computer even more. :sadwavey:

2. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

3. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

Honestly, I didn't understand that very well. I'm not that computer savvy so I am very hesitant about deleting things from the registry. If I run some antivirus software to get rid of things that might be in the files I want to back up then back up those files will they be fine when I put them back on my computer after reformatting?

4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

You don't delete the key, you just delete the value in the key. If you do a quick search you'll see this key really isn't used any more, it's a hold over from the Windows 95 days. The files on my PC that I deleted were bad files, this virus didn't seem to infect other files, it just created it's own.

5. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

I hope you have luck!

I am fairly good at reading things like that and doing as it says and this thing made me format that's how pissed it got me.