VS.Net C++ install problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Zardoz, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Zardoz

Zardoz Guest

I have a problem I wonder if someone could help with. My significant other Kitty is taking a DCCCD online course in C++. The book comes with the programme but it's on DVD and my poor old Dell was not up to it. I go to Cedar Valley and get the CD's now I find the OS is not good enough. So I get Win2k with the CD's and take the computer to TranCommputing on Garland Rd. I get a 80 gig hard drive and ask for a dual boot setup so I don't loose anything on the win98 drive. Some more memory and 166 dollars latter I try to load the C++ part of Visual Studio.net 2003. Sigh, disk two says there are files missing and I have to rollback the installation on every attempt. I will try to go to Cedar Valley today and see if they can get it to load. In the mean time I have tried to update the win2k but already the 98 side with Norton AV is indicating a virus in explore.exe on the win2k side. Oh and one other thing in order for the duel boot setup to work everything is Fat32. Don't know if that effects the .net stuff or not.

cliff notes: got broad band, updated computer, things are not working, I suck and are there any suggestions???

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Sounds like a bad cd. Try to copy the files from the CD to the hard drive, and then install from there. If that doesn't work, take the cd's back and ask to exchange them because yours don't work.

3. Zardoz

Zardoz Guest

Thanks Scoob_13

I need to get rid of the W32.Spybot.worm. I am going to try to load AV software and read what symantic has to say. I do have one question. Would loading the anti-spyware programes help rid me of this self inficted virus.

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

No, you need to do a virus scan with a good AV software - I'd suggest Symantec/Norton.

5. kosstamogen

kosstamogen New Member

you might want to load those microsoft updates if you haven't, they helped me a lot with spyware, especially that sdbot thing