Vr6 Technical ??? Gti 98..wiring

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by importpower94, Aug 5, 2005.

1. importpower94

importpower94 New Member

Ok Im A Honda Tech But My Damn Vw Wiring Is Insane....
    Any One Have Any Ideas What Would Cause The Following Or What To Check??:

My Alarm Wont Let Me Put My Windows Down...when I Press The Window Control Button The Alarm Beeps And Opens The Hatch..
    And Then Sets The Alarm...also When Im Driving My Alarm Will Jsut Set It Self... And Sometimes I Have To Try To Start It About 5 Times Before It Will Start... It All Started With The Window Controls...then Progessed... Any Ideas??? Vw Said This Happens Alot But They Cant Tell Me What It Is??? Help

2. Ice Rado

Ice Rado New Member

uhhh hehe yes then can...it could be a lot of things sadly...mk3 vrs seem to be the worst w/ this...first thing i'd check is if ur car has an aftermarket alarm...whether its active or not...most people don't alarm a vw correctly and everything is intertwined and that can mess it up in a bad way...so if there is another alarm...remove EVERYTHING...if its the stock one...just look underneath the driver side and see if its been played w/ at all...i'm guessin its the alarm....otherwise its a bad ground...vw techs are idiots...u get one good one for 20 bad...the startin thing is unusual but i'm bettin its cuz hte alarm is gettin armed and wont let u start it...another place to check is the sensor under the hood...possibility but there are a lot of factors...mk3 wiring = shit

3. Skobic

Skobic New Member

easy...(im gonna assume that you installed a non stock alarm) you need to disassemble your driver side door... there is a cable connected to your lock on the inside, just disconnect it and your non stock alarm will work ok and your stock engine start blocker will also work perfectly...

4. Skobic

Skobic New Member

one more thing...

how do i know this?

i had the same problem with 1.8mi... new non stock alarm conflicted with the cars el. systems, meters, windows, AC... you name it... i juz disced that cable and everything went back to normal...

5. yo vanilla

yo vanilla New Member

the starting issue beginning with the window problems makes me think its an alarm issue. do you have aftermarket or audi door handles by chance? a friend of mine had alarm troubles when he installed audi handles on his 98 vr