Vpn Help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AbortionSurvivor, Aug 2, 2004.

1. AbortionSurvivor

AbortionSurvivor Active Member

My company uses a VPN so our remote and traveling guys can get onto the network. The problem is, some hotels seem to block access to our VPN.
    The guys can connect if they use a dail-up connection, but not if the hotel offers a broadband connection.

At some hotels they are are to connect, but at others they seemed to be blocked.

Is there a way around this? We're using the VPN that came with Win2k Server. There must be a solution to this as i'm sure there are other companies that face the same situation. Is this the reason some companies buy 3rd party VPN software?

Thanks Guys

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Some hotels want you to process everything through their servers which is why it gets blocked. I'm not sure if there is a means around this unless there is some kind of web interface that would process VPN requests, making it look like a regular port 80 connection.

3. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

The only way around it would be to change the port on your VPN router at home base - that would also require a change on every client computer that connects (not sure how many there are). I am pretty sure that the typical VPN port is in the 6000's for IPSec.

VPN Security it usually pretty finicky - it's all about being secure so it doesn't flex much and it isn't very user friendly.