VP2 Whey Isolate (Protein Supplement)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 240 KA-T, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

Cliff notes at bottom.

[​IMG]

I recently started to cut so I ditched my old protein (N-large 2) and was looking for something that lacks sugars and added crap and pretty much the most protein per gram. It looks like AST's VP2 was a good buy and am on it now. But DAMN THIS IS EXPENSIVE! :eek4: I take 3 servings a day and there are only 32 servings in each container, which they sell for 34 bucks (+s/h), so ~40 bucks only lasts me about a week and a half. I found bodybuilding.com is having a sale on AST's VP2 but still kinda expensive for just 2 lbs. Anyone know of a similar whey protein in quality but a little less expensive?

CLIFF NOTES: On AST's VP2, but expensive. What other protein would you recommend that is cheaper but good for cutting (clean whey)?

2. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

It is more expensive but I love VP2. At least my stomach does considering I'm lactose intollerant and most whey powders leave my stomach a lil' funky.

3. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

You shouldn't be taking VP2 three times a day nor any other whey isolate for that matter. They're a fast release protein that you should keep for post workout and try and have some low fat cottage cheese or another slow release protein source.

4. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Get more real protein sources and drop 1 or 2 of those shakes.

5. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I have some SportPharma isolate that used to be good until they changed the formula to have Splenda in it. :mad: Once this is used up I need to find a new brand.

BN.com has it cheap as hell though :mad:

6. blam

blam New Member

Dont tell me someone has been reading mercola. Were did I put my tinfoil hat again??

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

No I just don't like the taste of splenda. While I don't exactly trust it as 100% safe, I don't think it's some conspiracy. They just jumped on the splenda bandwagon with what used to be a 100% natural product. Tasted much better before.

8. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

Roger. I am takin 3-4 a day, and am bracketing it with creatine pre and post work out, but either one in morning or at night. I guess i'll just go pre and post and bump up protein in mah meals, thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.