Vonage users?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sleepy71, Jul 21, 2004.

1. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

Any of people using Vonage phone service at home? What do you think of it? I'm thinking of switching from my Comcast phone to Vonage.

2. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

I use Broadvoice and have their WISIP too, it's neat cause anywhere there is a WiFi network I can call & be called :o

I might sell it once I return from my trip if you want it :p

3. Sifter

Sifter New Member

Ive had very good luck with Packet8. 0 down time and better call quality and options than offered from Vonage and Broadvoice for 19.95.

4. dka

dka Go Big or Go Home

i use vonage and i am very happy with it so far. If you decide to go with vonage, let me know so i can refer you. We both will get a free month

5. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

I have vonage as well. I haven't had any problems with it. The only bad thing is if your cable goes out or your speed suddenly drops for a while, then the quality of the call really falls out.

6. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

One issue that has come up in my research is if you have high pings (to any site) that the connection will not do well. Someone said anything over 100ms ping time is bad. I checked mine over on dslreports.com and it rings in at ~130ms. Seems high, to me, but I usually don't have any issues with gaming, which is also ping dependant.
    Thoughts?

7. elgabito

elgabito New Member

I just started looking at this today... I think I'm going to do it. Either Vonage or possibly Packet8. Gotta do more research.