SRS vivid dreams

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shibboleth, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

Hey all. I've got an odd problem that causes me some stress. I often have memories of very serious things that I can't ascribe to anything. This leaves me in the awkward possition of not knowing weather a memory is false or not, especially in times where I've needed to use the information held in the memory.

Some examples: did my friends parent's really get divorced or was that a dream?
    did my friend really come out to me about his homosexuality, or was that a dream?

All of these things seem very probable which adds to the confusion. When I can't find the source of a memory I just assume I dreamt it, but I don't remember waking up and remembering the dream (like I often do). What's going on? Am I going crazy, where did this stuff come from?

I guess what I'm looking for are people who experience the same thing, steps I can take to reduce the vividness (ie don't eat cheese just before bed), possible causes (does drinking often leave you with memories that you can't identify?) or things I can try and work on to differentiate between reality and non.

I don't smoke pot, or do any other drugs. I drink occasionally.

Thanks for any help.

CLIFFS: I have weird memories. Are they real or dreams?

2. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Try smoking pot before bed. You wont be remembering that dream, i guarentee!

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

There are doctors who specialize in sleeping. Not sure what their called but you might want to look them up. You could have some sort of sleeping disorder (i've heard of real odd ones.) As for me, if I get a dream right before I wake up I feel like it's true for real life, but upon waking up it takes me a min. to realize it was just a dream. That's about it for me :hs:

4. serenity3

serenity3 New Member

hmm... possibly you should keep a journal of these "dreams" and actual events in your life. And after you're done writing them you could read over them and that might help you decipher what is real or not. Or even ask the people that were in your "dream" like your friend if he actually told you that he was gay. you don't have to be blunt, maybe you can break into song [ie Avenue Q - if you were gay]:hsd:

5. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Yeah I had a couple of friends that practiced lucid dreaming that shared the same techniques to induce their ability to control their own dreams -- try practice writing down your thoughts right before sleeping, and also write down your last thoughts if you end up waking up from any particular dream as well.

You can use those journal entries to help you separate fact from fiction over time.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Actually i have had a simular experience.

I cannot for God remember wether i actually drove with a bycicle over a girl that i really hated at when i was still in kindergarten. I considered her as fat, ugly and someone who should die. I know i did spit on her,called her names, and rediculed her with friends , we used to laugh on how unhappy one would be , being with her. One moment i was coinsidently forced to be with her on a school picture, where you can see me looking in disgust at her.

All those things happend, but the bike thing :sad: i remember her hands sticking out as i drove over her, but then again that's not as vivid as i remember those other things , but damn its so long ago and as a kid you have such vivid dreams, there's only one way to find out. They say that when you die you see your life flashing in front of you, if the occurance is in there that you honestly experienced its bound to be clear. So just wait and see i gues :dunno: