Vitiligo: Anyone Else Have It?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by IDB Robot, Apr 19, 2005.

1. IDB Robot

IDB Robot New Member

If you have this, you know what I'm talking about. It's a non-genetic, non-sexually transmitted condition in which you lose the pigmentation in your skin. The exact cause is unknown. Usually the depigmentation is localized and spotty... in men it is most most common in the face, hands and/or genitals. Sometime sit is curable. Vitligo occurs in at least 3% of the adult population. You can probably guess where I developed it. :hs:

Anyway, I've lost a lot of confidence now that my wang is spotted like a dairy cow. It's a physically harmless condition, but it is still affecting me psychologically. In the back of my mind, I'm worried about the initial reaction that a girl will give when they see it... and it definitely doesn't help matters that my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me shortly after it appeared (but mostly for other reasons). :(

My dermatologist told me that this was relatively "common." I'm sure you've all seen someone with it on their body somewhere. Does anyone else have this?

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I have no first hand experience with this, however, I would think that so long as you let a girl know in advance about the condition, it shouldnt be an issue. If you're willin to have sex with her, then havin a talk about the condition before hand should be a breeze. Its not like its disfigurin or anythin along those lines, just, different. To some people an uncircumsized penis is different, and alot of men who arent circumsized feel what you are feelin now, unease. I see your concern, but also remember that theres nothin wrong with you, or your cock. It works just fine, gets the job done, hey, it could be ALOT worse.

If any part of why you and your X broke up had to do with this, you're far better off without her.

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

I've always heard rumors that Michael Jackson dyed his skin, but didn't he have Vitiligo?

My sister has Vitilego all up her arms and hands but people learn to accept it. Though it is very tough, you accept things you cannot fix, it's just life.

You shouldn't let a girl decline staying with you just because of your skin condition (even though you said other matters too, you're better off without her). Don't let a skin condition let you down. As JustMeThang said, it could be worse!

Don't worry bud! If all you care about is sex, then I can see how it is getting you down. But there are many women out there who aren't shallow at all and wouldn't make you feel bad about your condition. Stay strong!

4. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

If things start getting hot and heavy with a woman, explain the medical condition to her, and go from there.

5. mstinawu

mstinawu i like being spanked

It's very common and I wouldn't worry about it. You should probably mention it before you surprise anyone with it, thought.

6. hi2u2

hi2u2 New Member

if you tell a girl before instead of surprising her with it it should be fine, and if its not fine, you dont want her anyways

7. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I've got it. Sometimes people ask about it. Usually it's no big deal other than the fact that I need to keep sunscreen on me all the time and avoid the sun.

You know, if you make a big deal of it, then your partner may make a big deal of it. You might want to keep a doctors note or something in case she thinks you have a STD.

But I would say use it to your advantage. Use the poor puppy dog eyes look, couple with the I'm shy because I have this disorder...how much you want to bet that the chick will go out of her way to make sure you feel 'normal'? Mores the better for you, I'd say.

8. sushibug

sushibug :happysad:

like everyone else said, let her know beforehand so she doesn't freak out and think its an STD. it could be worse if you think about it. i know someone who has it on their face and even he learned to live comfortably with it.

9. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

maybe somehow make a good joke out of it? something to ease the tension. explain what it is and how it's just discoloration of the pigment and nothing sexualy contractive.

:bowdown: to the person who suggesting painting....