Visual Studio .NET question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rick, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Rick

Rick New Member

In my MIS class I am taking this semester we are using Visual Studio 6.0, more specifically Visual Basic 6.0. Through my bookstore I can purchase Visual Studio .NET Pro for $99.98. My question is will I be able to work on saved work from VB 6.0 with VB .NET and vice versa? I was asking my professor today about not being able to find 6.0 anywhere with my student discount, and told him I could only find .NET. He said to get .NET, though it will be a little different as it forces you to code everything in objects (something to that effect). Can someone on here confirm?

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

VB.NET and VB 6.0 are very different animals. Your best bet is to look on Ebay for people selling Visual Studio 6.0, or even look on Kazaa, not that we advocate that :squint:

We have an agreement with MS that we get the latest software at $6 a cd, however that means that we don't get VS 6.0 at that price :sad2:

3. Rick

Rick New Member

VB 6.0 goes for $250 on eBay. Too much, and I want a legal copy.

Will I be able to code in .NET at home and have it work at school using 6.0? That's my main concern.

4. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

PM VBGOD and ask him :(

5. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

As said before, they are very different. No, you cannot use VB6 and VB.NET together like you want. Either pay the ebay prices, do something illegal, or explain your situation to someone that can actually help you (a professor). Asking it here multiple times doesn't change the answer. :p