Visual SNMP Monitors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peyomp, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Downloaded the test version of Intermapper. Very please. Slapped up a little image of America and mapped my LAN for a demo we're setting up.

Anyone use any others? I am pleased with Intermapper, as it maps a network with pings, but can use SNMP 1 & 2 (don't think 3), and even Nagios plugins. The visualization is simple, but good enough.

2. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

We are using a couple of Management-esque systems at work right now. It would be really cool to find a visual type system.

We use Nagios, a little bit of OpenNMS, and now Netcool which is being put installed.

I've been working with Nagios for a while now and starting to really use SNMP monitoring. We have been doing a lot more and more with SNMP monitoring and I have a couple of plugins that I have been doing. Plus I wrote a couple of perl scripts to pull back and check data.

I think I am going to check out intermapper tomorrow and see what it is all about.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

This is what I've setup for demo purposes.

[​IMG]

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

I use http://www.cacti.net/ on my Linux server. Powerful, but I had to write some of my own scripts to make it do everything I wanted.