Vista Virtual Desktop vs. Mac Spaces

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 1999TL, Feb 23, 2008.

1. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

So last night I checked out Leopard for the first time on a friend's Mac. he showed me spaces and I was blown away. He could switch b/w screens so easily and smoothly.

I tried using this virtual desktop today: http://www.codeplex.com/vdm

It doesn't seem to function as smoothly as spaces on the mac. Is there a better one than this? I was kind of getting sold on the mac after using a pc for all these yrs. Previously, everytime I got on a mac I felt lost. But after my friend showed me around on it last night, it felt so easy to use.

I know, flame away.

2. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

MS's virtual desktop manager for XP was cool ... not sure why they don't have it for Vista yet.

3. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i have that installed, i think i used it about 2 times.

spaces on my macbook is amazing, oh yeah - you can expose spaces also

5. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

Nobody else has tried something better? the program I linked above works fine, but sometimes when I switch b/w desktops the IE browser is sort of frozen. If I click a different tab then the screen pops back fine. On top of that, if I play a file in WM in full screen and I switch desktops, it doesn't really switch over so well.

Also, I wish I could move the desktop tiles around if I want to change the order....Now, if I want to change a desktop, i have to change all the windows in it manually if I want the order changed of the desktops.