Vista install/boot problems on brand new PC.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by C4, Apr 13, 2007.

1. C4

C4 OT OG Aussie #1

May 23, 2000
    I built a new PC yesterday with the following components:

Antec P182 Case w/ Tagan Easycon XL 700w Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU
    Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 Motherboard
    2GB Geil RAM
    8800GTX Video Card
    320GB Samsung HDD (SATA)
    Pioneer DVD drive

When i had finished the build, i switched the PC on, set the BIOS to load from the CDROM, saved and exited.

When the PC rebooted, with the VISTA 64bit Ultimate DVD in the drive, it started to load the windows installer. All OK so far, until it hits the following screen:

The progress bar stops moving, i hear nothing but the sound of fans coming from the PC, no HDD led action or anything. I initially got impatient and thought something had stalled, so i restarted, and tried again.

This time i managed to get all the way through until the following screen:

at which point the PC needs to reboot. The pc then rebooted, and with the DVD still in the drive, windows starts to load with the following screen, and then stalls - again.

I have left this screen on for over 10 minutes and there has been no change or activity.

After spending a fortune on the build i am quite unhappy as you can imagine, that this is happening.

Any suggestions? I have read many many posts on the forums around the web for people who have issues with the installation freezing at all different points, however none seem to mention this location.