SRS Visions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by no lol today, Nov 10, 2008.

1. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

This feels weird to post about, but I'm doing it anyway.

Ugh. The smilies keep looking at me. :wavey: is particularly annoying when you're trying hard to think.

I've posted before about having a neurological problem yadda yadda whine whine. I'm constantly trying to divide the "real" things from my dreams. REM (Dream state) pops up at odd intervals - & not the way most people experience it. It happens while I'm awake. Usually while I'm performing menial, non-thought provoking tasks ... & sometimes when I am doing important things. It's very annoying.

A handful of people with this same problem get their minds all tangled up in thinking there are aliens, ghosts ... I suppose those are legitimate beliefs. We all believe in what we percieve to be true.

Anyway, I try hard to remain as conscious of what's going on around me as possible, but I can't stop my mind from thinking so off it goes. I'm a very rational person in that I demand consideration of variables in order to reach conclusions. It's interesting to see how intensely my experiences and little snippets of what's going on in the world around me incorporate themselves into these waking dreams. I call them visions because I'm awake & my eyes are open but even though I may be performing a task I'll be seeing something else. I can remember performing the task, but not in good detail at all. The vision, however, is quite clear & typically feels like I've reached some great conclusion or is very emotionally charged. When I review what I've been physically doing, there are sometimes strange errors - the phenomenon is called automatic behavior. It's a big reason why I don't drive any more.

So earlier I was doing the dishes & drifted off into one of these waking dreams. It felt like an epiphany. In it I was making a statement to publish online about the emotional climate of the US & how it indicates what events lay on the horizon.

I can't remember all the details any more but I do remember thinking about how often people argue about politics at family gatherings & how emotionally detatched people seem to be from neighbors in their community - especially to those with differing views. I also thought about the implications of the internet & the availability of information to those that are unsatisfied with the social/political state in the US. How many people find it difficult or impossible to find a social niche within their community? I do seriously wonder about that. A cold, detatched social climate breeds revolution. It takes many generations, but that's where it leads. I know there are warm people in this country - but are they willing to consider or even reach out to anyone outside their social circle? Reading through the asylum I usually see posts about people confused or in need & respondants tell 'em to fuck the world. We do that. I guess it's because we're used to it.

Anyway ... when the vision thing was happening there was a timeline of events & everything was so methodical. I'm tired & I waited too long to try to write it down so I can't really recall anything but a collection of thoughts. I guess the jist of it was that many societies on earth appreciate their country & culture but the US is falling into a decline that can lead to a revolution unless appropriate action is taken.

Wish I could remember it better. I used to write this stuff down more often, but things have changed & I'm no longer in the habit.

Anyone else get odd daydreams that seem to demand or fortell something great?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Rarely do i get these visions but when i do it is extremely strange. I do not use drugs,or any defiling substances not even alcohol, but one time in the middle of the day i went into the shower room to goto the toilet and its asif my mind pauzed and translated the reality into a dreamstate where i saw a gigantic purple cobra coming out of the shower drain who embodied the devil in itself. That's been many years ago tho but its asif the dream becomes an acceptance of reality, its very strange.

3. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

You know I have a lot of vivid Waking dreams, I feel as though I have more of those then Sleeping dreams. Most of the waking dreams are very straight forward and also follow a time line of events, However over the past 10 years I've been able to fully tell when I'm dreaming and when I'm not and be able to change the outcome..sometimes. I also have nightmares in my waking dreams, used to scare the living shit out of me when I was a kid and drove me damn near insane. I took a lot of medication and honestly I thought taking illegal drugs was the only way that I could get rid of my dreams.

And it did for about 4 years and then they returned in more intensity. Anyway with a lot of professional help I was able to tell with a lot of effort when I was dreaming and now after 10 years of therapy and prescribed drugs I'm better, i still have the dreams but I'm not going crazy.

4. no lol today

Doesn't sound like we're talking about the same thing. Could be wrong - your wording was a bit ambiguous.

Seems like you could be talking about lucid dreams.

The op was about being perfectly conscious & even moving while a dysfunctional REM cycle kicks in. The term waking dream, in this sense, is used completely literally.

I've had lucid dreams, too. Mostly when I was a kid. I had horrible nightmares as well, so I learned to lucid dream & changed them. They went away.

:)

5. Sephiroth13

But isn't lucid dreams used in the terms that your literally Sleeping and then you realize that your dreaming and be able to change the cycle of dreaming?

I'm talking about being away be it in the car, be it at work, out with friends or even having sex. I'm awake literally during those episodes.

I've seen Demons Crawl out of walls while I'm getting out the shower, Screaming for help while my father tries to bat away nothing that in front of me. I've seen the ground open up in front of me While I'm driving and me swerve to either side of it trying to get away from it. I've voids open up in the middle of the office and swallow people whole.

Its been surreal, I think I udnerstand exactly what the OP is talking about.

6. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

I would suggest picking up J Allan Hobson's book "The Dream Drugstore." Requires a little bit of neuro background but other than that it's very user friendly. He's a great writer, an amazing researcher, and a terrific guy to top it all off.

It's a book that compares REM, and more specifically dreaming, to psychosis, hallucinations, delusions.

7. no lol today

Sounds like a good tool.

Hehe. I definitely don't experience things to the degree Sephiroth does. I'd call those full on hallucinations...

My vision things are pretty much a concurrent perception - a completely differentiated sequence of thoughts & events from the actual actions my body is performing. Like I'm in 2 places at once. The closest I come to actually having the imaginary play on my reality is flashes of single images that completely obscure whatever I'm looking at. But that doesn't happen much any more.

Sephiroth - no wonder I mistook your 1st comment. Just sounded was more surreal than my own experience.

8. Sephiroth13

understandable. I don't have those visions as bad anymore i've had to go through years of therapy to get past it and realize that it isn't real, now that I'm much older since the therapy has been done, I still have them but they aren't as extreme as they were before, no demons protruding from the wall or voids swallowing people whole. pretty tame now. lolz

9. no lol today

Hehe ... how would you have felt about making it go away if you were seeing giant flowers & all kinds of happy things?

Still freaky, huh?

10. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Sometimes I day dream a lot while I'm doing something, but that's just ADD.

11. Sephiroth13

Yeah it would be very surreal, either way I think I would be freaked out be it happy things or not. I'm glad I went to therapy and took medication for it, not only can I live a normal life now. I can even have a live without the fear of seeing rifts opening up. It does happen on occasion but its not all evil anymore mostly random ass stuff like animals.

12. no lol today

If I get flashes of images it's usually insects. Kinda weird. Vivid color, too. Only, it's the 'somewhere else' kinda thing. Not part of my reality.