virus spyware scan

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kilgore trout, Jul 12, 2005.

1. kilgore trout

kilgore trout New Member

im on my friends computer and its running ricockulously slow and i cant view any vids or download anything...where can i go to get scanned and repaired without dl ing? also adaware is gone :wtf:
    thanks

2. kilgore trout

kilgore trout New Member

i know theres gotta be at least one person up right now

3. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Is the network or the machine itself running slow? I'd recommend downloading AVG at www.grisoft.com or download it at your place, put it on a thumb drive and install the exe on your friend's PC.

4. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

If you're loaded with viruses already good luck getting rid of them by using installed software. Most viruses are able to defeat virus scanners.

The only way to do a thorough job is stick the hard drive in another machine as the non boot drive and scan it so the viruses/trojans/spyware don't have a chance to make their way into memory.

5. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

just back up the important stuff and format it. sounds like you're gonna spend more time on this than you should have to. Be sure to boot and scan in safe mode. I think I have a bootable disk that will scan the drives but I'm not sure how current it's virus def are. Worked pretty well in the past though. See if you can find a BartPE disk out there with virus stuff on it or make your own if you can