Virus Question: Boot Virus?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KeeperOfAcheron, Feb 16, 2005.

1. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Okay. It seems in one night my whole computer went to shit. My video card may be burning out somehow and I can barely make it into windows now.

Could I have some type of boot virus or something? If and when I can get into windows, it crashes pretty quickly. I know I have no spyware since I have kept it pretty clean and I run online virus scanners often.

I am stuck on what to do.

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

RAM might be bad, Hard drive could be bad, etc etc.

When did this happen, what were you doing when it happened, did the computer restart itself, freeze, go black, blue?

3. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested the RAM and the RAM is okay. I left my computer on overnight with some music playing through Ares (similar to Kazaa) and when I woke up the screen was really faded and dark. Seemed as if my video card burnt out. I know now that the card is somewhat bad. But then while trying to navigate around windows, programs just started crashing.

So I restarted now I get tons of errors on startup and I can't even get into windows without a ton of crap happening that forcefully forces windows to restart. I will try and get some of the error messages down when I get home.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

format and stop pirating