SRS Violent dreams.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kingtoad, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

For the past couple months I've been getting a lot of violent dreams. Dreams that are of a very graphic and horrid nature. The dreams also seem to exaggerate the inflicted damage instead of exaggerate the actions. I have never had the same violent dream twice or more, they are all different. I can't remember most of the dreams I have and they are easily forgotton unless I speak of them to others or focus a lot of attention on them. One particular dream I remember I had the other night. A window washer was washing my windows on my car and for some reason I became enraged, I pulled out a lead pipe from my back seat and I proceed to hit the window washer in the head over and over again until there was nothing left. As I've said, the dreams seem to exaggerate the inflicted damage rather than exaggerate the actions, the actual "hitting" wasn't exaggerated, but the brain matter, gore, and blood was very exaggerated. In my dream it was flying everywhere, getting stuck on the tip of my pipe, getting all over the ground, chunks of his brain on the side of my car.

I really don't know what is causing these. Sometimes I'll be doing whatever I'm doing... watching T.V, playing games, cleaning my aquarium, or working and I'll have a random thought of a gorish death. Completely random. I can't explain it.

I don't think I'm "fascinated" with death, and I really don't see these as a threat to myself or others since I am pretty much in control of myself and I'm a pretty friendly person in general (Some of you will disagree, but this is the internet--it's different).

I'm just wondering if any of you had experienced things like this, random thoughts, and violent dreams. I think what bothers me about them most is that they don't seem to have an effect on me. Like, if I walked by someone who was lying on the ground completely mutilated, I would walk past it as if it was "normal" or not anything out of the ordinary--that's just an example, you understand what I'm saying.

This will probably make it to the main forum, but meh, do your best to keep it in here.

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

yes I have these dreams all the the time. I dont think I'm addicted or death either but it really entrigues me. I'm not a threat to others either, but when I get full nights of sleep I have violent dreams with me using guns or objecst to inflict pain on what my brain makes me think are bad people. I'm usually running for my life scared shitless. If there is any feeling of trying to survive like an animal in the wilderness this is it for me.

In the end after I wake up I personally enjoy them. I like being able to push myself to the edge in my dreams and then live a peaceful life on the side. Maybe were both just sickos, because for some reason I also enjoy movies like saw and saw II. I like seeing the creative ways that you can get humans to do things that they dont want to do, but will for a better them or good of others.

If that makes any sense...

3. Darth_Swifty

Darth_Swifty New Member

I have dreams of shooting people on a regular basis :dunno: Don't know why. maybe I am a future serial killer :eek5:

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I dunno, I think shooting people is one thing, but beating someone in the head with a lead pipe until they no longer have a head is another thing.

5. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

do you play videogames?
    watch gory movies at all?
    they say dreams are a product of our subconscious, our mind just goes wherever it wants to

:dunno: i myself am not much into dream interpretation but there are always little messageboards scattered around on the net, im sure, you could always try that...

but i wouldn't worry about it as a serious problem... you can probably liken the dream to a nightmare, we're not consciously the driving force behind what occurs in our dreams...so.... yeah. if you keep having the dreams, then maybe you can consider things like meditation, try out several different options... but i'm sure it doesn't have a very significant meaning

6. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I work a lot. I do play UT 2004 with my coworkers after work every once and a while. The sessions don't last any longer than an hour though. Sometimes, but not often I play CoD2. I only watch movies on the weekends. :dunno: Not a lot of gory movies though.

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

8. Digital_angel

Digital_angel New Member

having angry dream might mean that you have hidden anger about the person or thing that you are dreaming about. If you dream about fighting someone then it means that it is a close battle with someone close to you such as a friend or family member. Shooting someone might mean that you dont really want to get involved and that its not really a person that you know that well...

9. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Oh yeah? How about decapitation and mutilation with a lead pipe?

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I am haunted by violent dreams. Dreams in which I am killed again and again, in which I am forced to kill, again and again. Dreams in which I must shoot someone to save myself, or someone I care about and I don't quite have the strength to pull the trigger, its so hard, or my punches do nothing, I go all weak. Lately though, I haven't been weak in the dreams. I've put up a good fight. But I still usually die. And I don't wake up when I do. I'm just dead.

Sometimes I stab, bludgeon, and punch, kick, stomp people to death in my dreams. I am comforted by the fact that its always because they attack me. But thats not... much comfort. At base, I accept that I am a violent person who controls his violent tendencies.

I'd rather not have these dreams. I feel ya.

11. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I am haunted by violent dreams. Dreams in which I am killed again and again, in which I am forced to kill, again and again. Dreams in which I must shoot someone to save myself, or someone I care about and I don't quite have the strength to pull the trigger, its so hard, or my punches do nothing, I go all weak. Lately though, I haven't been weak in the dreams. I've put up a good fight. But I still usually die. And I don't wake up when I do. I'm just dead.

Sometimes I stab, bludgeon, and punch, kick, stomp people to death in my dreams. I am comforted by the fact that its always because they attack me. But thats not... much comfort. At base, I accept that I am a violent person who controls his violent tendencies.

I'd rather not have these dreams. I feel ya.

I'm such a pussy I can't even watch violent films anymore.

12. wimp

wimp New Member

anxiety

13. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

I agree. Got a lot of stress built up in your life right now?

Strange thing is I tend to have violent dreams when I'm sick-- esp. if it's a fever. I still remember one where I was on a rooftop fighting off shadowy figures with punches and kicks. Had a fever of 100 I think.