Vinyl Crew - Stanton Turntables

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Aviv, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Aviv

Aviv OT Supporter

I just picked this piece :wiggle:

I'm not a DJ, but from everything I've read, this is the one to go with if I want digital output and USB connectivity for recording.

[​IMG]

My only concern is the cartridge quality. Is anyone familiar with Stanton cartridges? I'm willing to invest a little money in a better one if I know it will provide noticeable improvement.

This one has the 500B, which seems middle-of-the-road, but none of the reviews complain about sound quality. Like I said, I'm no DJ, so I don't need a needle for scratching - just something for quality playback and recording. I have an Audio Technica cartridge on my old Dual 604 that I know is pretty good, but I have no idea if that would be compatible. I'm guessing it wouldn't.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

3. Aviv

Aviv OT Supporter

I admit I don't know much about cartridges. Now that I look at that website, I think I may not have a problem fitting my old AT cartridge to the new turntable.

4. joetama

joetama New Member

Shure is a good place to start if you want an all around good cartridge...

5. Invincible

Invincible OT Supporter

Don't DJing tables use a special stylus meant to withstand disc jockeying use rather than made to give the best quality when it's put on play and left alone?

If you were to take an audiophile turntable and do what DJs do, you'll break the needle so fast :rofl: