MIL views on the war

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nateg6684, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nateg6684

Nateg6684 New Member

what are your views on the war. Should we be there? Did Bush make the right choice?

2. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

doesn't matter, buy an AV

3. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

What war?

4. EBK

EBK Hate hippies & hadjis

Which one?

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

1-2-3 What are we fighting for?
    Don’t ask me, I don’t give a damn. The next stop is Vietnam .
    5-6-7 Open up the pearly gates.
    It ain’t no time to wonder why. Yippee! We’re all going to die.

6. thekinggovernor

we are here to preserve democracy, not practice it

7. EBK

8. Persephone

Persephone New Member

No we shouldn't but we are now and we have to deal with it. America is a corporation don't forget that. We go where the money is, always. If there was no money to be made in this war we never would have gone. After all, why fight a war when we stand to gain nothing? We ALL know they were never any real threat and had nothing to do with 9-11 although the government would like us to believe different.

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Are you doing a school paper or something?

10. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

i get payed a lot.

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Doing what?

I just finished watching a podcast about Retired Marine General Anthony Zinni. Very interesting what he has to say about the President and the Government in general and about the war. I recommend you watch it. If you have iTunes, search Anthony Zinni on the iTunes Store for the podcast, its a free download. I think you can also view it on youtube.

12. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

Well a lot to me, but probably not many other. Just an 11b. Love that tax free combat pay.

13. EBK

Sup brother

14. JDyce

JDyce New Member

I think the right choice was made, yes we lost way too many of our brothers over there - yes it is drawn out and no end is apparent but i think people will really think twice before attacking the US because of this (atleast while bush is in office) what was the reason we went to iraq?? I really dont know like most people-I was there for quite a while, I would happily go back, i was doing my job and supporting our country-Its had such a bad rep because of whiny tree hugging liberals and the all mighty media. I did see some good while i was there as far building schools and helping achieve some independance for woman and children. We would be out if it wasnt for small groups of rebels, we have to stay until some sort of stability can be maintained there. U.S. obviously has oil interests there but if we really help this country out perhaps we gain an ally in the mid-east which could be very important later on.

15. ustfdes

ustfdes LPC ID: 20394

i think that whether or not we agree with the war or not holds no ground whatsoever, so why even discuss it here?

we are contracted and paid to do what our commander in chief tells us to do, and that's it. if he says war, then we will war. if he says come hom,e then we will come home. No matter how much griping, bitching, complaining, blogging, posting we do, it won't change anything.

my .02

16. Persephone

Persephone New Member

No way this can be a real post...you're joking right?

When did Iraq attack us? Tree hugging liberals give this war a bad name? They didn't send us George dubbya did. He just created a bigger cluster fuck out of a smaller one. If you really think Iraq was a threat to the US you should think twice.

BTW, I voted for him...twice and regret it both times as does just about everyone else who did.

17. thekinggovernor

BTW, no one cares.

18. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

We should win it.

19. willijdub

willijdub New Member

not sure about this "war" you reference.... my orders are TDY for training. No shit.

20. ustfdes

good job regretting the choice the first time you made it, yet still making it again.

whether or not iraq was a threat or not, think about how many 'terrorists' (i'd rather call them rebels) come out of there......by helping remove the 'rebels', rebuild the country, and help them out a bit, we are creating a potential ally in the middle east at the moment.

and i am not for or against the war, its just my way of positive thinking.

as i say, you can worry all damn day long, and it will change nothing, so why not make the best of it instead of ruining your mood over something you can't change?

:p

21. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I agree with most of what he said. :hsugh:

I see western-dressed women going to the university in Baghdad every day. This would not have happened if we weren't there. I see the infrastructure of parts of Iraq far out-classing anything they saw before we invaded. I see a population that is feeling their way through personal liberties that they only dreamed about before we showed up. I see a country that has a hope of a government that works for the people, elected by the people, accountable to the people, for the first time EVER.

The vast majority of the population wants us to succeed. They want us to route out the militant factions, stop the sectarian and political terrorism, and enable them to set up a safe place to raise their families and live their lives. For the most part, that is exactly what we are doing.

Do I agree 100% with why we went there in the first place? No. But neither would I pull out until the job is done - and even then I wouldn't pull out all the way.

22. Pusan

Pusan New Member

This is the truth, people at home have no idea how much diffrent this place is (well Im talking about Al Anbar mostly) now compared to 9 months ago.

23. ustfdes

Amen brother, period.

thank you, i was beginning to think that everyone on the intarweb actually believed that being in iraq is 100% BAD.

Maybe iraq wasn't ready for democracy to come on it's own, but since we brought it, and showed them how, i do believe the vast majority IS ready, and it will benefit Iraq, USA, and the rest of the middle east, once they see the perks of democracy....and then the world, with it's unexpected (possible) peace. x;

i was amazed at how much iraq had chaged when i was there, the western influence in everything.....the kids coming up to you saying "westside man" (BET channels only, unfortunately :squint:) and the many other things that were changed for the better. people were actually PROUD to vote...except some of the different sects that refused to...(meaning that they will have no pull in political matters if they choose not to vote)

etc. etc. etc.

24. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

the war is over, we won.

We're just dealing with violence on a large scale that comes with being occupied for so long. When I was over there and rolling around the city and shit I imagined what it would be like without us there controlling their every move and way of life. I don't think we need to be there anymore. Their country will evolve on its own just as we did, and every other country before us. Hopefully Iran, or the other bordering countries won't interfere with it.

25. dura

dura Guest

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.