Viewing workgroups

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Oct 30, 2008.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I got two computers that cannot see work group computers but you can map a drive to them. Of the two I got frustrated with one and wiped it reinstalled windows and everything is just fine. The second computer I'm not so sure I'll get off that easy some of the programs are irreplaceable. I plugged into the drop box with another computer and my laptop I can see entire network just fine. I ran a cable directly out of the sonic wall to that computer that didn't help, can ping and map drives but can't view workgroup. So I know its not the cabling. For now I can see the server if I map a drive to c$

All systems are static IP assigned 10.3.99.xx, they are all in the same workgroup, same gateway and dns. I can assign DHCP and still see the entire network anyway. None of the computers have a firewall running or AV, at least not right now they will be getting endpoint shortly. OS is XP Pro

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I installed netbeui and got it to work but found another one with the same problem but netbeui didnt help this one :hs: