Viewing a page offline

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BlackMage84, Oct 21, 2005.

1. BlackMage84

BlackMage84 Guest

I'm going to be spending alot of time this weekend at a place with no internet, so I figured i'd work on a college report. I added all the paged (data sources) I needed on my favorites, and set them to "view offline". The data was synched/downloaded.

I then unplugged my internet connection and tried viewing the pages. Nothing. Just the normal error screen you get when you try to view a page when you have no internet access.

I reconnected to the internet and double checked all the links. All of them are set to "view offline" and all of them are synched.

I did a search for the bookmarks and found the actual book mark files and tried opening them while offline. Not available.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

One of the issues is that when I disconect and try viewing a page I don't get that little window that pops up saying "Blah blah blah do you wish to 'Connect' or 'Work Offline'", so I can't select 'View Offline'.

I went into the IE help contents and looked up viewing things offline. I did EVERYTHING it said. According to the help, however, all I need to do is just click the link when i'm offline and the pages will come up. Not fucking happening!

I'm going to head out now, but i'll be able to check this thread in 2 hours. Hopefully one of you knows how to fix this peice of shit IE.

2. SPPaintball

SPPaintball New Member

Your best bet is just to save the page. Click File and Save as. Then save the page wherever. To get back to the page, just click the file, and tada. It should work.

3. BlackMage84

BlackMage84 Guest

Well my father in law told me how to fix the problem. It was so rediculously easy I simply cannot believe no one on OT knew how to fix it.

File - Work Offline

4. SPPaintball

SPPaintball New Member

Bwahaha. I just assumed that you did that...

You said you tried to view the page offline. I thought that's what you meant.