View changes not staying

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drake, Jun 29, 2006.

1. drake

drake OT Supporter

I'm used to viewing my folders in "Details" while using windows and I find the icon view in MacOS to be a pain and there seems to be no simple way to veiw either list or column view. Any suggestions to always be either "list" or "column"?

I've already tried setting the Finder preferences to "Open new windows in column view" and it doesn't seem to work. I open any folder and it comes up with icon view. These are folders on the desktop if that makes any difference. I thought this was supposed to be easy :squint:

EDIT
    I made a new folder and it's column view. So, only newly created folders will retain this setting? :wtf: why would I want that? Any way to have all folders retain a setting I want rather than having to change it everytime? I really just want it to be list view since icon is not good for the amount of files I have in these folders.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  2. Apothis

Apothis New Member

You'll want to go into Finder's View Options (in Edit menu I think). Then you can customize view and set it for either "this folder" or "all folders".

3. drake

drake OT Supporter

Finder's view options displays show all folders like this, but it still has problems with retaining my settings. Especially with network share browsing. Is this just something I'll have to live with because it's on a Windows network.

Thanks so far though.