GUN --VIDESO-- IDPA w/ Laurel and Market Garden

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Jul 20, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

--VIDEOS-- IDPA w/ Laurel and Market Garden

Shot some IDPA with Market Garden and Laurel today. Fun day, good videos and a shotgun side stage.

me, shooting my Dan Wesson PM7 in CDP as a SharpShooter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV5oqU7Lnak

My friend Cel shooting an XD in ESP, Expert class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulBPYILW0f4

My other buddy Darryl shooting an XD in ESP as a SharpShooter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmD-0f3n0Tg

And another friend Emanuel shooting a Sig 226 in SSP Master shooter:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dDhzOUDiG8

Market Garden shooting his Spartan in CDP as a MarksMan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9XpG-I9LP0

And last but not least, Laurel shooting the manly 10mm Glock in SSP as Unclassified:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPv07VRq_Q

Shotgun Side stage:

I wasn't going to shoot it, but my buddy offered me some rounds to shoot out of his new 1100, so I took him up on it. I suck with a shotty. :mamoru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjtGB7D1md0

Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

she must have felt good knowing she had the biggest dick there

unless someone was rocking a 50AE

3. Thanks for the vids! I have done an analysis of the match results for every stage in an attempt to make myself feel better about my result. Other than stage 4, where I came in 13th out of 66, I can't make myself feel much better. And I think there was an error scoring stage 4, unless a guy that shot a total of 210 was able to shoot stage 4 8 seconds faster than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

:rofl:

I might have had the biggest dick there, but it got in the way of me shooting properly! I was last by a significant margin. I suppose that just means that I need more practice. :rofl: In the background of one of my videos the guys are telling my boyfriend that I'd really benefit from some classes. :hs:

Thanks for the vids Ari!

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Stage 6 was a totally stupid stage. I believe it was designed by a new RO. I'm sorry, I don't practice shooting at "dog" targets very much. wtf?

A single stage shouldn't kill someones entire match like it did for me I was in the running for 2nd or 3rd overall. :ugh: !#@$% !#@$ !@#$#@

I was in the top 5 in a majority of the stages. And although I did so well and placed high in the other 6 stages, 1 stage buries me. That just ain't rite, when ever there is that many procedureals and points down on a stage like that should be a serious red flag.

6. Maybe they can do "bunny" targets in a similar fashion to the dog targets. Everything has to be a headshot at the same distance as stage 6, and you have to keep moving.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Do not feel too bad. If you look at the overall scores, our entire squad (with the exception of me this time) was represented in the top 10. You were shooting with club champs and previous state champions that were really advance, basically 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall (Kyle, Cel, Darryl, who btw were all running XD's:mamoru:)

So again, you were sort of swimming with the sharks in our squad. Which is good and bad, bad because you fell into the new shooters trap of trying to keep up with the "fast squad" but good because you got a lot of really good tips and some first hand experience shooting with a seasoned squad. The guy in the video telling you you could "benefit" from training speaks from experience as he has a ton of training and is one of our multiple state champions. (He was 2007 overall State champ)

Stay with it, I can show you a few things you can definitely improve upon with your grip that should keep your muzzle down, as well as get you in and out of position better. You did well for a new shooter!

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah dude, that stage was "soo far king we todd did" seriously, that was the worst stage I've ever ran in IDPA. My overall time was 3/4ths of my raw time ( 72/99) If you look at my raw time, it would have put me up there in the top 5 overall, and one stage buries it for me. Sorry, I sound like sour grapes but that was a horrible stage and i don't see how it was a test of shooting proficiencies in a practical manner.

9. This match had an average FTN of 1.5/shooter (excluding Laurel's result) Last month (without the dog stage) had an average of .64FTN/shooter. I didn't go back and analyze other matches, but seeing an average 3-fold increase in FTN is not only statistically significant, but points to a definite poorly designed stage.

10. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I don't know shit, but it looked like that baggy hanging open shirt you had on wasn't helping anything.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

It's IDPA rules, that's how we run the game. Everything is drawn from concealment. Shooters gun and magazines must be hidden. You should be able to raise your arms up and your "concealment garment" hide your gear.

IPSC is where we don't have to abide by those silly rules.

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

In the past, those kind of stages would have been thrown out because of the results. I was already skeptic when I found out it was a new stage designer. and then there are some instances where the MD will back the course designer and "stick to their guns". I hope they decide to throw that stage out, that would drastically change standings. But it's after the fact now, I know I did well anyhow. My gun ran well, I felt smooth, I'm ready for State championships next month!

13. Ok, a slightly better analysis of FTNs over the last 4 matches. This time I only looked at shooters that were classified as MM or better. There were a number of extreme outliers in the UC and NV groups that would have skewed the results, and since a number of those people only shot a match here and a match there it wouldn't have been consistent for the analysis. Here are the FTN/shooter results for the last 4 months.

April: .67
    May: .91
    June: .47
    July: 1.39

I don't know what happened in May, I only observed a few stages, but even with May's result, July's 1.39 is 52% higher than the second highest month (May), and 2.03 times higher than the average of April-May-June.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  14. Laurel

Laurel New Member

That baggy shirt was the least of my problems :mamoru:

It's fine. I feel alright about it, nowhere to go but up from here!:bigthumb:

15. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Designed with SWAT teams and officers that serve drug warrants without double-checking addresses in mind? :mamoru:

16. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

I just noticed you grabbing around trying to get at your gun or magazine. I don't remember which now.

You looked like you were doing well to me. You wouldn't catch me out there making a fool of myself. :o

17. Gotcha38

Gotcha38 OT Supporter

Ahhh, that's why it looked funny. I didn't realize that was part of the rules. :o

18. johnson

johnson New Member

Laurel is holding the gun in the wrong hand. :/

19. Laurel

Laurel New Member

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Shoot! THAT must be why I came in last!:mamoru:

20. Laurel

Laurel New Member

In the last stage I had my hand on my magazine and I was trying to eject the empty one. I'm kinda weak and occasionally can't eject the mag easily with my left index finger (controls are designed for righties to use their thumbs), you can hear me yelling "Come out!" at the magazine before I reach over with my right hand to get the damn thing out.

21. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Looks like fun!

:rofl: @ Come out!