GUN --Videos-- USPSA 8-24-08

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Aug 25, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

2. I came in 1st in my class (unclassified) out of 2 shooters and 4 out of 7 overall in my division. I loved stage 1 and 2 (starting around 1:14 in the video.)

Thanks for the vids. :)

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

You did well today dude. How's it feel shootin with the sharks? lol, trust me, fucks you up at first, but it'll accelerate your learning curve. Pick up some Matt Burkett videos, a Saul Kirsh and Steve Anderson book and get to dry firing, you'll get it there.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

so the first stage, with the magazine out of the gun at the start, is supposed to simulate what exactly?

good stuff as usual

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Simulates you trying to take an empty gun, load it and shoot it as fast as you can. IPSC isn't "more" reality based like IDPA. It's a test of varying shooting proficiencies based on how fast you can shoot your gun accurately is all.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

AB, I was just wondering if you and Bobby call each other beforehand so that you guys can coordinate your outfits for the match? You guys look so cute together!:hay:

I'm kidding..... Nice shooting though. Looks like a good time. Is there usually somewhere to shoot up there every weekend?

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

LOL, yeah, we got a good laugh about that in the morning. That was totally coincidence.

You could shoot up here every day of the weekend, as well as on Monday nights (IDPA), Wednesday nights (Steel) and Friday nights (IPSC, indoor). I don't shoot nearly as much.

I may be taking over as Match Director for the USPSA matches in Renton. I'm still trying to get my wife to buy off on it. I'm dam near doing everything that is entailed. But I'd rather have a camcorder in my hand than a timer any day.

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Wow... that's nice.

I suppose the benefit of living in a populated area. You'd think that living in KY, gun sports would abound.... but that simply isn't the truth. My closest IPSC match is 1.5 hours from me, and only meets on every third Saturday. The other ranges around here are setup for johnny-hunter, and generally don't allow anything resembling "rapid fire".

Might have to take matters into my own hands and make myself a pistol pit on the farm.... I would love to have actual matches at my house, but the liability risk of such is so great that it would never work.

Congrats on the potential new position. That's pretty cool. How long have you been shooting with them?

9. more off

more off Moderator

wait, so you guys had on matching outfits ?:cuddle:

10. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

I fucking HATE the "unload and show clear"

11. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

damn i never seen this.

looks so fun!

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

:mamoru: :fawk:

Whats funny is, all the times I've shot with Bobby, neither of us have ever worn red, and so much of it. Then we come to the match both flamed up. Lookin like some olobs. :noes:

13. Why?

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

MG your looking good. Your moving like a shooter now, I can definately see the difference in the videos. The new race gear looks good too.

15. AB13

AB13 New Member

Don't be too concerned about gear. Bring what you have, learn with what you have and upgrade as you find it necessary. The most important part is just getting out there and doing it.

Besides, it looks bad being a new shooter with all kinds of cool gear and proceed to bomb the stage. Be humble and patience.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

Pick up 3 more mags, 2-3 uncle mikes double mag pouches, and your golden. The holster will do for now. You could get away with a cheap 15dollar uncle mikes holster, hell that's all I run, Bobby gives me shit for it. :mamoru: (Bobby is the Sales Director for BladeTech.) He's coming up with his own personal line of holsters shortly that I'll get hooked up with.

17. Thanks. :) AB keeps signing us up for the super-squads, in which I'm always the slowest shooter, but I do learn a lot by watching them.

18. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

How does a novice get signed up for a competition like that?

I'm in Seattle as well.

19. AB13

AB13 New Member

shoot me a pm. I can set you up with a safety check.

20. caucasion

caucasion New Member

what about florida :x:. what kind of uncle mikes holster do you recommend? ive sent you PM's in the past but i think they got deleted. Ill shoot you a pm so that I dont override this thread :o

21. Laurel

Laurel New Member

This was taken by the match photographer, but the shot's freakin awesome(besides all the noise) and I figured I'd post it
    [​IMG]

22. AB13

AB13 New Member

Yeah, that was at the WA state IDPA Championships. Ed does some cool shots. Here's the only one he had of me...

[​IMG]

That Springer has hardly flipped, gun is already tracking back on sight.

23. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Craig isn't wearing a cover garment in this one though.. unless you consider the apron thingy a cover garment. Hmmm, oh well. I just figured it was the USPSA comp

24. We didn't have to draw from concealment, so there was no need for the cover garment.

25. Laurel

Laurel New Member

So it was USPSA, not IDPA. That was my point. ;)

IDPA requires a cover garment.