GUN Video's of this weekends USPSA match

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Sep 24, 2007.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Catching up on WMD, this was inspired by the "Picture of you shooting something" thread.

A couple of video's from my past weekend USPSA and IDPA match. I did well this weekend and took first place in Stock Service Pistols with my stock glock 17 in Sharp Shooter division.

Best stage of the weekend. I ran this stage in 12.00, flawlessly. Average time in our squad was around 18-20 seconds. :mamoru: I got beat by two Grand Masters that ran it in 11.45 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFVPceXwRas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2oqAeoic68

And this is me totally screwing up a mag change, but still running it faster than anyone in my group. 1 mike, 3 charlie's, 1 delta and the rest Alpha. :mamoru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWloyPYsf9Y

My buddy Darryl. He has some bad ass mag changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4s3gjOZ10k

ibbrolycrew :mamoru: My doctor tells me I can afford to lose a few pounds, I know.

don't make me regret putting these videos up. lol

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

damn...that looks like fun. i should try one of those even though i'm too newb.

3. sprite

sprite Active Member

Nice shooting. :cool: This was my first full year of shooting & RO'ing and I'm hooked.

How many more matches are you guys going to squeeze in? Our last scheduled is October, and that will probably be tiny because of hunting season.

Anyone that has a USPSA club within driving distance... go shoot a match. Clubs love to see new shooters, and you'll have a great time.

4. Ukraine Train

Ukraine Train New Member

That's some good shooting man. You're quick on the double taps. I'm going to my second IDPA practice tomorrow, should be fun.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Dude, you should just get a good holster. Two dual mag pouches, 3-4 good mags and go!

If they're anything like my club, they're really cool with new shooters and getting them started. If you were local, I'd let you use my back up gear to run a match.

It's one of those "damm, I wish I got into this sooner." types of shits.

6. AB13

AB13 New Member

Believe it or not, we can shoot year round. We have 6 active clubs up here just for USPSA. And in IDPA, I shoot in 4 clubs. Two of the IDPA clubs are indoors, and one hosts a shoot every Friday nights. But I shoot every weekend, twice a weekend sometimes. Then we shoot steel plate challenges on Wednesdays.

I went through 3,500 rounds last month alone! lol My Dillons getting a workout.

7. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

yeah, well, i'm too busy right now with school, but i'm graduating in may. i'll probably look at getting in to it after i graduate. besides, i'll need something to spend that money i'll be making on :)

8. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

:eek3: @ Darryl's mag change. :eek3: :eek3:

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

10. sprite

sprite Active Member

Damn! I probably wouldn't shoot that often but having the options would be nice. The USPSA club I'm involved in is about an hour away, and there is an IDPA club about an hour away in the other direction. The next closest are all about 3 hours each way.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky then. The club that's the farthest away is an hour and a half. Most of the clubs I can get to in 10-20 minutes from here.

My wife is 3 months pregnant. So I won't be able to keep this up for long and figure I'll go out in a bang.

12. Dr. Fuckface

Dr. Fuckface Wheelguns: when it absolutely, positively has to g

AB13: how would you suggest a newb practice for ipsc or idpa? the only time I've been to a range where we had the freedom to set up and run drills was a private club, which is unfortunately not an option for me here in GA. The few places I've been to out here, anything other than slow pace target shooting down your own narrow lane is a big :nono:

Side note: my RL 550 and associated goodies should be here friday![​IMG]

edit: congrats on the new shooter!

13. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Awesome :thumbup:

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

Obligatory: First thing first, learn the safety aspect of course, meaning, your consious about your muzzle at all times, finger off the trigger during movement and reloads.

I practice a TON of dry fire practice, and I'm not talking about just sitting there pulling the trigger. I read a book called "Beyond fundamentals" by Brian Enos, where I've learned all of my dry fire drills. Drawing, Weak hand, strong hand exercises. Movements, shooting prone, low cover, transitions and of course mag changes.

I also put up some scaled down IPSC targets around my living room and practice transitions and site picture.

I have a list of live fire drills that can be performed at a range stall. But they've got to allow you to do rapid fire, and shoot from either low ready or from your holster. And I use a shot timer on par settings until I can't beat them any more.

If you have a club that shoots steel plates. That's also a good place to practice, because it helps with your transitions and "shot calling".

And lastly, I practice alot on 8" steel plates rather than paper. It doesn't require alot of room at the range, you don't have to tape your targets. And it's smaller, forcing you to get a clear site picture. I'd usually put 3 plates out, and two shooter boxes up and work on transitions and moving from box to box as well as El President. I finish up my by working on drawing and shooting at a steel plate from 10 yards and then 15 on the clock. Time yourself for your fastest draw. My fastest was a 1.05. It helps to practice with other people so you can get a feel for fast/slow times.

I'm pretty fortunate that a bunch of Master and Grand Master shooters shoot with me and have taken me under their wings. I've learned more in the past year than I've ever thought I'd learn squading, watching and listening to them.

If anyone local is interested at all, shoot me a PM. I've got all the gear, you just need bullets and some time on the weekend to shoot and I can show you around.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  15. AB13

AB13 New Member

Dude, you've got quite a few clubs in GA. I know some very good shooters from there. Area 6 is a hard core bunch. Email any of those guys and just say "hey, I'm interested in USPSA, how can I get involved" And these guys will be falling over themselves to help out a new shooter.

www.uspsa.com

Nearby Retail Partners - Select Partner Name for DetalsXD-HS2000 / Range Control LLC
    http://www.xd-hs2000.com
    2534 Wynnton Rd Suite B
    Columbus, GA
    706-653-6494
    Clubs in GA[SIZE=+1]AREA 6 USPSA/IPSC - A06[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Charles Bond
    Warner Robins, GA 31088-1652
    Home: (478) 971-7993
    Work: (478) 922-6802
    Email: [email protected]

[SIZE=+1]CHEROKEE GUN CLUB - GA03[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Roger Kooi
    Buford, GA 30519
    Home: (770) 831-7949
    Work: (770) 945-7529
    Fax: (866) 351-9373

[SIZE=+1]COASTAL AREA PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - GA17[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Roger Heatherly
    Woodbine, GA 31569
    Home: (912) 674-2514

[SIZE=+1]COOL SPRINGS GUN CLUB - GA02[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Richard E. Sellers
    Fort Valley, GA 31030
    Home: (912) 822-9143
    Work: (478) 822-9202
    Fax: (478) 822-9276

[SIZE=+1]GEORGIA SECTION - GA05[/SIZE]Contact Info
    William G. Noyes
    Fayetteville, GA 30214
    Home: (770) 460-7436

[SIZE=+1]GRIFFIN GUN CLUB - GA21[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Glen M. Webber
    Hampton, GA 30228
    Home: (770) 471-2704
    Work: (770) 371-8247
    Fax: (770) 371-1999

[SIZE=+1]GRISWOLDVILLE GUN CLUB - GA19[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Mark Byrd
    Macon, GA 31217
    Home: (478) 986-6477
    Work: (478) 747-8403

[SIZE=+1]GWINNETT PRACTICAL SHOOTING LEAGUE - GA01[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Carl Mongrue
    Lawrenceville, GA 30044-4041
    Home: (770) 923-1857
    Club/Range Address
    Bulls Eye Indoor Range and Gun Shop 221 W Crogan St,
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    Every Wednesday from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm See Our Web site WWW.GPSL.ORG for more information.
    [SIZE=+1]NORTH ATLANTA ACTION SHOOTERS - NAAS - GA22[/SIZE]Contact Info
    David R. Tripp
    Flowery Branch, GA 30542
    Home: (678) 230-3035
    Work: (678) 230-3035
    Club/Range Address
    6190 Parkway North Drive (Bulls Eye Marksman Indoor Range)
    Cumming, GA 30040
    We are a indoor club that shoots every Tue. night 7PM-9PM, sign-up starts at 6:30PM
    1st Tue - Classifier Match
    2nd Tue - Fun Match
    3rd Tue - Fun Match
    4th Tue - Fun Match
    5th Tue - Special Match*
    * when a month has 5 Tuesdays we will have a special match.

Bulls Eye Marksman Gun Club is located about 1 mile west of GA400 off of exit 13.

Directions: From Cumming take GA400 south to exit 13, (Bethelview road) turn right on Bethelview and go about 1 mile. Parkway North drive is on your left, turn and go the very end of the road we are the last building on the left.

Directions: From Atlanta take GA 400 North to exit 13 (GA Hwy 141), turn left at end of ramp, GA Hwy 141 becomes Bethelview Road. Take Bethelview and go about 1 mile. Parkway North drive is on your left, turn and go the very end of the road we are the last building on the left.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I need to get started?

A: You will need either a revolver or semi-auto pistol. Revolvers must be at least 357 Magnum caliber and semi-autos must be 9mm or bigger. You will need eye protection, ear protection, a holster, and some mag pouches. 3 or 4 magazines would be optimal and about 100 rounds of ammo.

Q: I have never shot competitively before, can I participate?

A: Yes. You will receive a safety briefing and all the guidance necessary to enjoy this sport.

Q: What does it cost?

A: For non-NAAS members it is $16, for members it is $14. The annual membership fee for NAAS is $25. You do not have to be a member of the Bulls Eye Marksman Gun Club, USPSA, or NAAS to participate.

[SIZE=+1]RBGC PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - GA23[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Mark Leeber
    Cumming, GA 30040
    Home: (770) 844-5673
    Work: (404) 693-4136
    Fax: (770) 783-5863

[SIZE=+1]SOUTH ATLANTA PRACTICAL SHOOTING CLUB - GA12[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Larry Turner
    Woodstock, GA 30188
    Home: (770) 928-7846
    Work: (770) 312-5636

[SIZE=+1]SOUTH RIVER GUN CLUB - GA09[/SIZE]Contact Info
    Cindy G. Noyes
    Fayetteville, GA 30214-7350
    Home: (770) 460-7436
    Work: (404) 234-5779

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  16. AB13

AB13 New Member

If you like guns, there is nothing better that compliments it. You can push your guns and skills to the limit, and see what it and you can really do.

Believe me, theres definately a difference in what you "think" you can do, and what you actually do under pressure.

There's absolutely nothing like the rush of having a loaded gun in your holster, 4 mags strapped around you, a gallery of 15 other compeitive shooters watching you, an array of a dozen or more targets taunting you, and the anticipation of that buzzer.

17. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

where in Renton are these held? I just moved back here and I did quite a bit of steel shooting when I was in phoenix, is there any steel matches or is it usually IDPA?

18. AB13

AB13 New Member

Rite off exit 4 on 405 in Maple Valley just beyond the golf course there.

www.rfgc.org

I also shoot at Paul Bunyon (Puyallup) Marksman (Puyallup) locally.

We shoot IDPA every 3rd Saturday, and USPSA every 4th Sunday of each month.

new shooters orientation training is at 8:30am Just before your match. Matchs start at 10am and last until 1-2pm.

Like I said, if you want to give it a go, let me know and I can meet up with you and let you use any gear you need and show you around. Just bring bullets, eye's and ears. i've got extra holsters and mag pouches. As well as extra guns too.

19. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

fuck dude I am so down, Ill PM you sometime, gonna try and find another CZ SP-01 locally, might be tough but Im gonna get some more shooting gear, Ill let you know dude, I live in the Renton Highlands so thats just down the hill from me :big grin:

20. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I need a pistol :sad2:

21. AB13

AB13 New Member

You do know, one of the biggest CZ retailers is in Renton rite? Ben's Loans (don't let the loans part fool you, they've got a good spread, and it's actually more of a dedicated gun store that just sells other stuff, lol)Most of my friends all compete with CZ's in IPSC/USPSA, and from what I was told, Ben's is the biggest CZ retailer in the nation.

Several Grand Masters shoot CZ's. My friend has 6 of them, 2 highly modified CZ SP01's. You'll see him out there.

Our next match in Renton is on the 20th of October. I can meet you somewhere locally, maybe off Sunset or something, and you can follow me out there. Or I can just meet you. It starts for you at 8:30am. then we go and shoot at 10am. During the 8:30 orientation, they'll tell you everything you need to know. The do's and don'ts, what is expected of you, and what the range commands mean.

Like I said, I carry a spare glock 9 and 40 to my matches, so if you need gun and gear, I've got you covered. Just bring your own ammo and I'll take care of the rest.

PM me and I'll shoot you my number.

BTW, this months match has a "Back up gun" stage on it. We'll be shooting from inside a car, drawing a "back up gun" from the glove compartment and engaging targets outside of the car. It should be fun! lol I've got a .38 special if you want to try it.

22. AB13

AB13 New Member

You'll also need a "cover garnment" a vest, or jacket, or unbuttoned t-shirt. And you'll want a good stiff belt. It's important for quick drawing to have a good belt. I have a spare if you need one.

but if you want to run your CZ, I have some mag holders you can use.

23. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

I have a belt rig I used to run in steel, real good stuff so Im good with that, ill let you know when I can start shooting...

The thing is Im not 21 till May so I have to buy my handguns through private party so I may ask to borrow and shoot your Glock, Ill let you know :)

I used to have an SP-01 w/ trigger job and FO sights man what a nice gun that was

24. AB13

AB13 New Member

My last IDPA match I shot with a 12 year old. I've shot with a couple of kids actually. As long as they can see you are "safe" as in, good muzzle and finger control, you can safely manipulate your gun, mag changes, etc, your good and they won't sweat you. they probably won't even ask/know.

I also shoot steel plates at Wades in Bellvue, Wednesday Nights. they also shoot steel plates at BullsEye in Tacoma on Wednesday nights as well.

but yeah dude, for sure, you can run one of my glocks if you want, you'll need 200 rounds of 9mm. I'll let you run my G17. :cool:its good enought to bring home 1st place for me last week. We usually have 60-70 shooters competing. I train and compete against Police officers, SWAT, active duty Army/marine. One of the top dogs in our club is the Seattle PD S.W.A.T. Trainer, bad ass.

25. AB13

AB13 New Member

Oh, well, then maybe you'll be comfortable running my long slide Glock .40 for me then. Trigger, magwell and FO is all you need to compete. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007