GUN Video Shows N.J. State Trooper Drawing Gun on Rapper, Posse

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 14, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posted: Friday, 13 June 2008 1:56PM

Video Shows N.J. State Trooper Drawing Gun on Rapper, Posse

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- A plainclothes state trooper was trying to regain control when he drew his gun on rapper Jim Jones and his entourage, State police said Friday.

The incident happened after Jones' bodyguard assaulted another trooper backstage following the rapper's performance at the "Summer Jam'' concert at Giants Stadium on June 3, police said.

A video posted on the Web site whatspoppin.net shows the trooper, wearing a red T-shirt and Devils cap, pointing the gun with his finger off the trigger.

A member of Jones' entourage is allegedly heard on the tape saying the trooper didn't identify himself. That led Jones to refer to Sean Bell, who was shot and killed by New York City police officers.

Capt. Al Della Fave said that the troopers identified themselves. Della Fave also says the video fails to show the arrest of Jones' bodyguard.

Charles Chandler was accused of grabbing a trooper's face and head for taking pictures.
    http://www.whatspoppin.net/tv/149

Should of wasted them all.

2. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!

3. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Like always, no shooting, way to many Mondays running their mouths saying yo nigga hold me back, it had the makings of a nice video if the gun mayhaps had been accidentally discharged into a said rappers face, but again, FAIL.

4. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

So, now undercover officers have to identify themselves before drawing their sidearm when a fellow officer is being assaulted? :hsugh:

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

if some thug was grabbing my partners face and head i would have lit them up

6. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

The rapper's body guard was correct in action, the trooper who pulled his gun was not. If they were off duty, they are then civilians and they are then governed by the same laws as the rest of us. If they were on duty, wtf are they doing taking pictures?

Everyone else besides the body guard.... wow.

"Capt. Al Della Fave said that the troopers identified themselves. " Did not see that anywhere in the video. And if an officer doesn't identify himself, I am pretty sure that he can be fired upon by someone "defending themselves."

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

says 'plain clothes' not off duty trooper, so I'd think he was probably working the event.

8. Admitted

I can barely make out a shove in the video, which has that alleged part of the incident off screen.

9. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

The video also seems to start right at the moment he draws his weapon. I would like to see the rest of the video.

10. Admitted

Oh well then that makes a BIG difference. Still needed to identify themselves. I don't think any reasonable juror would construe what appeared to the other officer as assault was so. I'm convinced if they would have yelled "STOP NYPD" or whatever station, that crowd knows the drill to hit the floor. Pretty sure nothing will happen with this, never making it to court.

11. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Yeah, gun was already drawn when the clip starts. It would be useful if they showed the events leading up to his partner being "assaulted" as the article claims.