Video Gam esystem + Projection TV = Screen burn?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PSUPef2K, Jul 22, 2003.

1. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

Ok, Im about to say screw it and just get adamn gamecube already, but the tv I have to play it on is rear projection...would it be ok to play on or no?

2. cunninglinguist

cunninglinguist RAEPERQUICKING

3. purezero

purezero New Member

I been playing xbox and ps2 on my 43" Hitachi for years. no problems. Its Digtal projection. anways. yea. plug it up

4. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

its a newer tv...it won't burn stuff in the screen that is always on the screen...zelda for example, the hearts are always in the top left? :dunno:

5. cunninglinguist

cunninglinguist RAEPERQUICKING

make sure you have a screensaver on your PC too or else the image will burn into the monitor as well

6. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Active Member

The general problem with projection TV's and screen burn with games is that some things don't move. Life bars, little status indicators, stuff like that. Just hooking a game system up doesn't mean it's gonna cause screen burn. Just switch games every now and then and you'll be fine.

7. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

as long as you don't leave your TV on 24x7, you'll be fine

8. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Don't be a jackass and leave it on for hours and hours and hours on the same thing.

There won't be a problem.

9. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Active Member

It's a very very very slow process on newer monitors, but it does happen, I've seen it :sad2:

10. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

my worry is games like zelda, with the life bars and buttons in the top right corner...then again, switching items would change that up...so i dunno...

11. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

im just worried bout my projection tv

12. Klepto

Klepto Guest

just dont play for hours on end, and if you go to get something to eat/drink or take a piss turn the TV off

13. StevesVR4

StevesVR4 Get Arrested

As long as you have lowered the brightness and contrast to reasonable levels, you should be fine as long as the games are not the only thing you do with the TV. Actually, the first thing you should do to every TV when you get it home is reduce the brightness and contrast down from the showroom torch mode they come from the factory in. It will make every TV last longer and give you a better picture. Hint for those who don't know better: brighter is not better.

14. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

you'll be fine...

there is a lot going on in the new zelda game where it switches quite often ... and as with any zelda game, you always have to go to a menu to switch things, so it gives screens a break ;)

metroid is the same... its a HUD display a good portion of the game but everything alternates so often in the game theres not much of a chance that you'll let things get burnt in...

even if you play metroid for 5 days straight it won't happen, theres so much alternating of everything that there won't be any chance for something to get burned in