A&P video effects?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ihrs, Feb 3, 2003.

1. ihrs

ihrs OT Supporter

on movies when they show cars driving at night, but the lights are :"solid" like when you take long exposure photographs

how do you do that?

2. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

If you mean when the car doesn't move, relative to the camera, and the other lights are blurred?? This is done by fixing the camera to the car so they move together. By using a camera capable of taking time-lapse shots and moving the car/camera rig slowly, the background lights will streak and blur while the car remains sharp.

cheers
    Jim

3. ihrs

ihrs OT Supporter

no, think of a long exposure shot of a freeway at night, how the lights just goooooo across the picture, but in a video

ive seen it in a mitusbishi comericail, the one with the black guy and the suv, it goes through like 8 diff costumes

4. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

If I remember the spot correctly, for the exterior shots, the camera is locked to the car as described in my previous post. On the interior shots I don't remember if the background is blurry or not but if is they probably shot the car against a green screen in the studio and supered the blurry background behind the car. I'll pay closer attention to the spot next time I see it.

Cheers
    Jim

5. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

from what i can remember of the mitsu commercial, i'm pretty sure it was a green screen, and they just filmed off the back of a truck and looped the footage really quickly (the lights in the background go by so fast that it looks like a solid line to you and they do it over and over again)

6. ihrs

ihrs OT Supporter

at the START of the comerical, they just show it for a second

im looking for a picture i took that will explain what i want