Video card & monitor problems.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rpark, Dec 3, 2005.

1. rpark

rpark New Member

Cliffs at the top:
    Bought a MSI K8N Neo4 mobo w/ X800 GTO.
    Can't see POST and OS load screen on my 23" apple display.
    Why??

Story:
    So the other day my friend offers me a 6800 for a bill and I took it... only to find that my mobo has AGP 4x and not the required 8x. So I went out and bought a new mobo, Gigabytes nForce3 250 w/ AMD64 3000+ Venice core only to find that the card doesn't work! So he gave me back my money. Now I have this busted AGP 8x mobo and a nice processor (well to me anyways).

I decided to go back and return the mobo and buy the nicer (PCIe capable) MSI K8N Neo4 along with a Radeon X800 GTO.

So... now that I have the whole thing set up, I go to turn it on only to find that my display doesn't work before the OS sets up, I can't see the POST and the loading of the OS. Any clues why? This is driving me mad, and if my friend didn't offer me a new graphics card, I'd still be sitting happy with my P4 1.8Ghz w/ ATI 9600. =)

2. AeroSquid

AeroSquid New Member

MSI has a nifty tool that plugs into your mobo and sits in a pci slot... it has 4 led lights and they will show your POST code. check manual against what the lights tell you.